[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going through a rough point in my life, and I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Portland.jpg (2MB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Portland.jpg
2MB, 4096x2160px
I'm going through a rough point in my life, and I could use some advice.

I'm 20 and I'm in/maybe was in college. Without sugar coating or making excuses, I was a bad student.

I just received an e-mail about academic dismissal. At this point I guess I am leaving my college. It's unfortunate because my grades just started getting turned around and I recently ended up going the route of business and economics.

As of now, I am leaving my college. I'm not quite sure what to do. I don't know whether to find a management job or another job that pushes me forward, join the peace Corps/AmeriCorps, stay home and go to community college, travel to a city somewhere else and go to community college, apply to a better college, or by some miracle somehow stay at my shitty university.

There is a lot I can do, and I know I have the skills it takes to be successful.

My resume is at least somewhat decent.

>Winery: concert coordination, sales, shipping and boxing, one of the most profitable employees
>managed american red cross event
>improved incentives program for corporate store
>maintenance, event coordination, and guest needs at hotel
>marketing for entertainment board at university as well as budgeting
>barista
>environmental conservation

Honestly I'm just looking for some advice, I could really use it right now. I feel like I have all the tools it takes to be succesful, except for the paper saying I graduated. On a positive note, I was thinking about leaving my university anyways. The only thing keeping me was my friends there and disappointing everybody I know and care about.
>>
>>1686342
Assuming you're an American, calm the fuck down. University doesn't define you, it's not a big fucking deal. It's becoming a meme because the cost anyway.

If you want to go to college just go to CC and transfer.

Do what you fucking want.

I always thought I was going to be some schmuck working at a warehouse and live a life of solidarity. Pretty much achieved that. Realized it's boring as fuck and want to do more.

You're going to have to decide what you want to do. As usual, OP is a faggot.
>>
join them military if you're not a complete fuckup
>>
>>1686352
Military sounds terrible. Why tf would I want to do that?
>>
>>1686342
>I just received an e-mail about academic dismissal.
>my grades just started getting turned around
I'm not quite sure if I understand this. From this I'm guessing that your grades improved, but not enough to keep you in school. Is that right?
Regardless of whether you go on to get a college degree or not, you can still go on to lead a fulfilling life.
The first thing I would do if I were in your situation is identify anything that kept you from graduating that could harm your chances of improving anywhere else in your life. Stuff like your work ethic, communications skills, time management, etc. Then try to improve on those.
As for employment, I would suggest looking into trade school or military. I have experience with neither, but I know people who have found fulfilling work in both. From the sound of your post though, you don't exactly know what you want. Just keep improving yourself, get some income, watch as much anime as possible, and do some soul searching in the meantime.
>>
>>1686349
I'm American. I'm pretty calm about the whole thing, I'm just kind of drunk and looking for advice. I wouldn/t ever work in a warehouse.

Just looking for the best pathway possible.
>>
>>1686354
Well what comes to mind when you think of military jobs?
There's a wide variety of jobs available through the military. Some of them even lead to experience and training for some in demand skills. Not everyone is on the frontline getting shot up everyday. You could get a job programming or translating and never leave the states. On top of that you get benefits like the GI bill that could pay for your college if you ever manage to go back to school. The military's a pretty good deal nowadays if you ask me.
>>1686358
I was a drunk too.
iktfb
>>
>>1686355
Here I'll try and make sense. My first semester I got pneumonia and ended up failing almost every class. Every semester I improved my gpa after that, but my cummulitive was always weighed down by the first semester. I've always been known for being personable, having a great work ethic, communication has always been great, customer service is great, and I have always been great with problem solving and numbers. I'm not trying to make myself sound better than I am, people have gone out of their way to help me,and I've made great connection from jobs. Everyone has always seen me becoming the doctor or the engineer, I even shadowed at a hospital for a few years.

I just wouldn't want to do military, especially a trade school.
>>
>>1686354
>>1686358
maybe you should just kill yourself
>>
>>1686354
Join the Air Force it's the easiest branch. If you pick a good job you could easily make 60k a year after getting out
>>
>>1686382
Honestly I've considered it. There's just too much to do to ever do anything like that. Life gets hard for everyone, we just have to learn to suck it up. If I just killed myself there would be no more icecream, pussy, or fine wine. That sounds terrible. Forever is a long time.
>>
>>1686373
don't do the military, it's managed to deal with people of an iq of 85, if you do rotc then it could be worthwhile, but you're not in that situation

you never mentioned how you're paying tuition/cost of living

at 20 you're still young, not acquiring debt is the best thing possible

get a job, and devote your personal time to learning how to code, with part time study you should have a good basic level in multiple languages in 18 months, then ether pursue getting certificates, or look into programs in your area that have a good record of job placement
>>
>>1686392
Lmao learn how to code? There's nothing to learn about copy pasting shit. Get real.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.