[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand margin trading. The price is below what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot (22).png (40KB, 1205x240px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (22).png
40KB, 1205x240px
I don't understand margin trading. The price is below what I shorted then why is my p/l in the red?
>>
>>1686122
what is estimated liquidation price?

is it assuming you close position with a market order? 2k eth market buy will move the price point and you will be buying at an estimated price of .0092?

im just guessing here really
>>
>>1686122
you pay interest. if you've held for more than a day, you've paid it.
>>
why the hell didn't you move all of your alts to bitcoin yet?
>>
>>1686122
it's actually at 0.0081 right now
>>
>>1686122
When you do a short you are borrowing someone's eth to sell at a certain price.

The lender doesn't care how well you do. They get the same amount of ETH back plus interest, regardless of what the price has done.

So when you close your short you need to buy back that eth to return to them.

For you to make a profit there needs to be people actually willing to buy back eth at a lower price than the price you sold at, which is approximately equal to your base price.

Even if the list price is lower than your base price, there needs to be sell support below that price willing to sell you the same volume of ETH that you borrowed.

Right now there is likely little sell support at that price. You can set a buy order below the price instead, which will automatically cancel out your short. This way you won't have to worry about support.

You're welcome and I do accept gratuity :)
>>
Raped to death by bid/ask spread?
>>
>>1686122
If you don't understand it, you really shouldn't be doing it. That's a great way to be up to your eyes in debt.
>>
>>1686122

Kek doesn't know how margin trading works but still engage in it
>>
>>1687112
>>1687068
I did end up losing $100, I am the type that learns by doing, you can explain shit but it would make no sense to me. so it was worth it.
>>
>>1687230

You're lucky it was only 100$ then. Marging trading can make you lose everything and more very fast if you don't know what you're doing. Good that you learned now at least.
>>
Margin trading is using money you don't have to make money you shouldn't have. Thievery.
>>
>>1687685
You mean someone is giving you a loan which you're then using to invest with. What the fuck do you think business loans are?
>>
Do ice-berg shorts.. ie: 1-10 ETh's per short order so you wont move the price too much. Yeah its tedious but it has to be done. Buy and sell spreads, react too easily with larger orders
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.