[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What companies (besides Google, AMD, NVDA) should one invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1d3.png (762KB, 793x612px) Image search: [Google]
1d3.png
762KB, 793x612px
What companies (besides Google, AMD, NVDA) should one invest in now if they wish to profit on the coming A.I. boom?
>>
It wont matter the ai singularity will ruin every economy on earth
>>
>>1686097

someone has to make the robots though? At least initially.
>>
>>1686099
The robots make the robots
>>
>>1686094
IBM. They're pulling out all the stops on Watson. It's not a >muh jeopardy machine anymore.
They'll be integrating machine learning into all of their services and offering their knowhow to any company that looks like they got a shitload of data that needs mining.

Off-hand, I think Microsoft is sort-of getting into it. Not as hard as any of the other major players. Nvidia pretty much rules the server GPU market. Amazon's cloud services are almost certainly going to be the backbone of many neural networks undergoing training and verification.

Problem is that I think an AI boom wouldn't really have a significant effect on any companies, except for IBM. Amazon gets it for free, Google already has their hands in everything, and Nvidia gets their shit bought no matter what.
>>
what AI breakthrough has occurred in the last 10 years? I havent seen anything remotely interesting
>>
>>1686216
my robot vacuums my pool and my floor hurr durrrrr but i have to move it when it gets stuck
>>
>>1686216
Nobody calls it AI anymore. If you look up 'AI' you probably won't find anything. After decades of producing all of fucking nothing, despite the entire world expecting 'Skynet within 10 years for sure!', industry got tired of them and now AI is a joke career.

Nowadays, to separate themselves from Skynet-spewing retards, modern AI researchers call themselves Data Scientists, who specialize in Machine Learning and datamining.

It's much more realistic because it offers a better understanding of what the researchers actually do, instead of promising a pie in the sky.

Breakthroughs in particular? You're looking at it. You just solved one. By shitposting on 4chan you're helping Google refine their neural networks, and bring us one step closer to self driving cars.
>>
>>1686216

It's going to happen one day. Why not get in on it early?
>>
>>1686104
IT'S ROBOTS ALL THE WAY DOWN

>>1686216
Convolutional neural networks are kind of a breakthrough.
>>
>>1686227
Internet of Things now
>>
>>1686216

Google Deepminds A.I beat the Grandmaster of the game "GO". It is said to be the most complex game ever created.
>>
>>1686439
Said by people who are obsessed with Go. It's not a difficult game, it's just difficult to brute force all possible moves like in chess. So a new method had to be created for a computer to win.
>>
Find out what companies stand to benefit the most from AI and are in line to use it and invest in them.
>>
>AMD
Can we stop with this meme? They are never going to prosper from anything, NVDA owns the market.
>>
>>1686094
Car companies
>>
>>1686632
You have no clue how to invest. AMD has a very realistic chance of increasing market share. It will never beat NVIDIA but it will certainly have larger returns.
>>
>>1686344
i don't think it's guaranteed at all.
>>
>>1686713
Thats because youre dumb
>>
>>1686094
nvda should be coming out with a new graphics card in february or june
>>
>>1686094
Whatever AI company that gets created will be bought by google.

Google is the best way to play this desu out of any existing company.

>>1686216
Watch this and be amazed:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=TnUYcTuZJpM
>>
>>1686094
QCOM is positioned pretty well for the upcoming IoT, which will also play into the AI boom. Everything will be wireless and networked.
>>
>>1686713
You are right.

These fools would be trying to invest in hover boards and flying cars if it were the 80's.
>>
>>1686786
The 80s equivalent would probably be personal computing. Not hoverboards.
>>
>>1686206

> They're pulling out all the stops on Watson.

watson is a parlor trick compared to deepmind.
>actually betting on IBM when google exists
>>
pakistan energy etf
>>
File: 1372964377392.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1372964377392.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>1686757
>https://youtube.com/watch?v=TnUYcTuZJpM

holy shit
>>
>>1686439
>It is said to be the most complex game ever created.

That's a meme
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.