[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to get a little bit of cash for Christmas (~£1000).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1465666966680.jpg (130KB, 394x458px) Image search: [Google]
1465666966680.jpg
130KB, 394x458px
I'm about to get a little bit of cash for Christmas (~£1000). I've always wanted to get involved in stocks/commodities. Any advice for a complete fucking retard? I'm not risk-averse, and I'd prefer short term over long term. Any tips? Cheers lads.
>>
>>1685705
>buzz words
Put the money in a roth IRA or other eqivalent retirement account or lose it all by being a fucking retard
>>
File: image.jpg (309KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 1536x2048px
you and everybody's mum prefers short over long term retard
>>
>>1685710
yeah I don't think that's true
>>
>>1685705

gold/silver and you will be laughing when sterling drops below the dollar
>>
>>1685713
...what the fuck
>>
>>1685715
Any tips on buying gold (as in best places to get it from etc)? How do you sell it off again once the price shoots up?
>>
>>1685777
Gold is a meme, if you have to ask these questions on here you are already set up to fail.

Fucking read a book
>>
>>1685783
>Fucking read a book
Thanks for the most useless fucking advice possible.
Seriously, how do you manage it?
>"Hey guys I need advice"
>LOLOOOLOL READ A BOOK IDIOT

You couldn't even name a decent book to read. Seriously, you're pathetic.
>>
File: IMG_2929.jpg (76KB, 700x926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2929.jpg
76KB, 700x926px
>>1685788
Someone doesn't get the point of saying go research for yourself

Go ahead and spend it all on bitcoin, I'm sure it will multiply!
>>
>>1685705
Listen to this anon
>>1685709
Roth IRA is a good investment to start out with. Yes, it's long term. If you want to quickly multiply your money with a lot of risk then gamble it on a horse.
>>
>>1685806
Why are you still here, mong?
>>
File: beutcinnamroll.png (286KB, 606x341px) Image search: [Google]
beutcinnamroll.png
286KB, 606x341px
>>1685817
To get a few chuckles when you refuse my advice and go broke
>>
>>1685705
Not sure if you're still here, Anon, but don't bother with this board. It's a dumpster fire Trump/Shkreli circle jerk.
>>
>>1685824
Your """""advice""""" is to read a unnamed book.
Holy shit, you're like a fountain of knowledge.
>>
>>1685949
Look here
>>1685709

Literally the first fucking reply
>>
>>1685777
It depends. If you want to be like my uncle and have over 500000 dollars of gold buried in your woods, spend 1000 dollars a month on coins and bullion at a pawn shop every month for 20 years. He's obviously crazy, and could have made more with mutual funds. He'll die and never unbury his gold to spend it.

If you just want to hedge against the pound falling, buy some silver American Eagles and 50 bucks worth of junk silver every month or so at a coin shop. Keep them at your house in a safe.

Or, for investing, the better option is to buy gold and silver company stocks.

Precious metals aren't investments, they're hedges against inflation. Gold and silver are pretty stable commodities, and only go up in times of economic uncertainty.
>>
>>1685705

I heard AMD tripled or something in the last YTD.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.