[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What degree or certificate or whatever the fuck should I do considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0210.png (513KB, 500x472px)
IMG_0210.png
513KB, 500x472px
What degree or certificate or whatever the fuck should I do considering the following
>suck ass at math
>very interested In politics
>very interested in history
>can write pretty well
What job can I get that isn't a fucking meme?
>>
>>1683676

anthropology then get into psych/marketing
>>
>>1683676
Journalism
Just don't work for any of the major companies and work for somebody who covers those areas.
>>
>>1683676

Separate your wants from your needs.

You want a job doing something you are interested in.

You need a job that pays a livable wage so that you can have a roof over your head.

Getting a job doing something that you enjoy is a meme.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (474KB, 1223x1422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
474KB, 1223x1422px
>>1683699
See but I only put the two things I was interested in that were semi marketable,but in all reality if I were a true meme I'd do game development or comic artists
>>
>>1683680
Exactly this but make sure its Cultural Anthropology (as opposed to archaeology or biological) and make damn well sure you do a college that lets you do some 'Ethnographies' or research projects so I hope you like interviewing people and doing focus groups because doing this allows you to get into User Experience Research or other form of marketing research

There is some great bank in customer researching though. Honestly, i'd go this route over getting a BBA.

Other job ideas might include: Archiving/Libraries but that job market is fucking insanely awful in the USA, or Law School but that is also awful but just merely awful and its still possible to get a job if you are good.

>>1683702
Oh yeah true bro, if you think you'd like to do Graphic/Web Design you might make it and have a decent life. Game Design is a meme though, you need serious programming skills.

There are rumors of guys with PhD's in History getting Viking Videogame Designer but not anything you can count on ya know?
>>
>>1683706

Dont listen to this guy. Anthropolgy will get you no where. Its just anti white man liberal propaganda. Just get a business admin or marketing, something that is actually useful in life. Then if you want to write about how white men killed indians, you can still do it with a business degree.
>>
File: philosophers.jpg (2MB, 2800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
philosophers.jpg
2MB, 2800x2100px
>>1683676
Politics+History+Writing.

Your action will involve convincing people what to do. Look for ways to profit off of telling people what to do.

Philosopher
Teacher
Consultant
Dictator
Advisor
Manager
Journalist

Don't get a degree in humanities unless you know exactly how to pay for it beforehand. This applies to all college subjects, but humanities are a meme degree.

You need to unmeme first.
>>
>>1683702

Like i said, needs before wants. What you are interested in is irrelevant.
>>
>>1683680
>psych/marketing

Interesting. Is it actually possible to make money off of a Psychology degree?
>>
>>1683676
A maths degree. It will force you to get good at maths. Turn your weaknesses into strengths!

Every male under the age of 21 is interested in politics and history, it's as much of a male rite of passage as the Nietzsche phase or buying a motorcycle or a convertible, or some other machine in your 40's.

>>can write pretty well
To be honest that's not good enough. You need to be a brilliant writer. Every fucking humanities major "writes well" how can you compete?

>What job can I get that isn't a fucking meme?
Everything is a meme man. Don't worry about that. Just focus on a attainable career that melds well with a palatable lifestyle for you.

>>1683851
>Interesting. Is it actually possible to make money off of a Psychology degree?
I'm pretty sure it is. You can go into research. You can start your own practice. Or you could consult for marketing research or other organizations.
>>
>>1683676
Anything related to history, politics and philosophy are not worthy to study unless your family is pretty well off or your country allow you to have cheap to free higher education. It is too unstable and you need to go beyond Degree to to get the most out off your certification. You get your money mostly from writing books or teaching related subject in High school or University.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.