[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/, I have a career goal I am especially passionate about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479659532043.gif (2MB, 393x561px) Image search: [Google]
1479659532043.gif
2MB, 393x561px
/biz/, I have a career goal I am especially passionate about that I developed 5 minutes ago. What can I read/watch/listen/drink/eat to that will keep me latched onto the most optimal path to this goal? I have a 1 year deadline, and 1st degree connections on linkedIn to the subjects of great interest. To achieve this goal, I need to develop a portfolio of works and a research project with my professors. Pic related is how I feel inside right now.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>1682383
Write down your goal in 700 words. Come back and read it in 24 hours, if you still feel like your OP pic, then do this:

>Buy, Pirate or Borrow EVERY book, podcast, academic essay about the topic of your goal.\
>Read, read, read. Also keep copius notes. by the end of the year you should know everything that every expert in the field has to say about the subject, nothing should surprise you.
>Start working on that portfolio, start off with small time frame Works, things can can be completed in 3 weeks or less, this way you can get a rhythm, you can start learning your process and refine it
>Eventually you can start working on longer timeframe works, applying what you've learned on smaller ones and your continued reading and notetaking

That's all the advice I can give you without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
I'm going to let you in on the secret.
Drink water. A litre every 2-3 hours at least.
Set a time to do just a little bit of work on it. Every day. 10 minutes. If you work longer, great.
If not, don't stress about it.
>>
>>1682398
Oh, I almost forgot: look up the careers of people who have done similar things to your goal, see their patterns.

6 months in when you know EVERYTHING about your topic, start contacting random experts in the field, like the LinkedIn ones you mentioned perhaps, and start asking them intelligent, penetrating questions that provoke discussion.

Maybe start a blog of your own at that point, "personal branding" your exertise
>>
>>1682398
This with >>1682400 you guys work well together. Thank you.
>>1682403
>patterns
>blog
>expert discussion
I like this, very smart.

Glad I didn't go to /adv/. Outstanding.
I'll get that abstract done tonight.
>>
>>1682398
>That's all the advice I can give you without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

Haha I guess it wouldn't matter what I'm doing since I'm not tapping into some secret tiny niche.

I want to gain admittance into a cutting edge multimedia design graduate program at MIT. I love the work done by multiple professors in the department and they teach exactly what I want to develop in order to create my own product in the future.
>>
>>1682425
Happy to help those who help themselves.
>I'll get that abstract done tonight.
Awesome

>>1682442
>I want to gain admittance into a cutting edge multimedia design graduate program at MIT.
>>1682442
See if you can get into contact with students currently in the program. Also see if you can do any short courses on campus, more often than not the selection panels for these kinds of schools want like-minded individuals, they have a very specific idea of the kind of student they want. The student doesn't need to be an expert in the field (it's interesting, they say they assume you know nothing so they can mold you into their image, but also expect you already have intermediate skills... annoying)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.