[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw will have about $10,000 soon >too afraid to invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1477222293650.jpg (126KB, 1366x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1477222293650.jpg
126KB, 1366x1156px
>tfw will have about $10,000 soon
>too afraid to invest it in anything or start a dropshopping business cuz think i'll fail
>don't want to lose the money
>plan to continue to work like a good wagie goyim and continue to save money

is this the right path or no
>>
>>1680369
Pretty much in the same boat as you, and I'd say it's the best option for now but don't keep it that way. If you're not making your money work for you then you should be looking for ways to make it happen.

Don't be like me, OP. I'm in the same boat as you, but I set sail two years ago. Take risks and learn from them.
>>
If you don't have goals you'll always be working to accomplish someone else's goals
>>
>too afraid to invest it in anything or start a dropshopping business cuz think i'll fail
>don't want to lose the money
Your going to lose the money and your going to fail. The way you think is what will put you on a pathway to success.
>>
You can make more than 10k if you split up the whole amount in different investments, it doesn't have to be one giant purchase
>>
>>1680369
the right path is going to r9k
>>
>>1680369
>>1680383

Either
A. wait for a market crash and invest it all
B. Invest in penny stocks cause who cares if you lose money at this age
C. start investing extra income in nice dividend stocks.

Those are your smart options outside of buying a house to rent/starting a business

PS Vote in somone like Bernie sanders next election for a quick recession.
>>
>>1680369
>>1680402

Do B. take like 1-2k of it it, throw it on a penny stock that looks promising, don't look at it for half a year and come back to some gains. If you look at it daily you will psych ur self out and sell on a dip almost guaranteed.

I got a couple I just threw in on like MSTX. All time low, got a few drug trials, and already talks of merger/buyout. Threw 1k on it and just won't look at it till like march-july next year.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x473px
>>1680453
>don't look at it for half a year
>>
I recently got 60k, I'm going to buy a house
>>
>>1680402
C sounds nice. I want to invest but don't want to play around with stocks.
What about a mortgage REIT instead?
>>
>>1680369
Put 10k into an index fund and just sit back. - What everyone will tell you...

What I would do:
Since I've got a Betterment account - I would just put it in my Safety Net filling the coffin of whatever xAmount my goal is set up for and invest the rest into an IRA.

Time in Market is the key for the most part.
>>
>>1680369
If you dont own a home, Use this money to buy a decent sized home for your income level
>>
I'd say either Vanguard index fund or buy a home.

Rent out rooms in the home for rent money.

Both of these are safe investments.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.