[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> One of my credit card's sent me something in the mail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1478661073328.png (25KB, 264x325px) Image search: [Google]
1478661073328.png
25KB, 264x325px
> One of my credit card's sent me something in the mail asking me to call them if I wanted a higher credit limit.

I put the bills I can and normal monthly expenses on this card and pay it off immediately for the points. I don't need a higher limit. These amounts are always under 10% of my current limit.

What are the pros and cons of accepting a higher credit limit on this card?
>>
>>1677370
>What are the pros and cons of accepting a higher credit limit on this card?

1 - Easier to improve your credit score.

2 - If Ivan or Pajeet steal your credit card they'll have a field day, on the credit company's expense of course.
>>
>>1677372

This.

Higher limits without increased spending means your credit utilization is lower and thus credit score might increase.
>>
>>1677372
>>1677377
Credit companys want to see good utilization though.. if he is only using 10% now that alone is low in their eyes. I'm not saying its hurting his score but its not increasing it by anything notable. If he increased his limit that 10% would go even lower and at that point may be frowned upon by credit agencies..
>>
>>1677570
Does it?

I thought using under 30% of your credit limit was ideal for building your FICO score?
>>
>>1677574
I mean yes and no, I think most agencies look for about a 30% utility for healthy use give or take of course. Using under it is fine I just feel like 10% is a little bit too little use, but as long as you're using your card and paying it all off each month you should be fine. I mean I don't make the scores but thats just what I've come down to
>>
>>1677570
>>1677595
The utilization resets every month, is a small part of score (10% I think), and unless you are about to purchase a home or car soon isn't really something to worry about. Absolutely raise your limits though so you can get under 30% easier.

Credit Score is only something to game if you have shit credit. If you aren't retarded having a good credit score is apart of being financially literate.
>>
>>1677604
I mean I agree having a higher credit limit is a good thing, but in OPs specific case he said he already only uses 10% and if he raises it now that could be something as little as 5% so he has no problem being under 30%
>>
Get your credit limit up as high as it can possibly get, save up about 40% of the total, and then go fucking crazy and max out.

Wait sixty days, call your credit card company, tell them you're broke and can't pay back the full amount, but you can give them around 30% of their money back immediately if they agree to not sell your debt to a collections agency and that maybe you can get closer to 40% if they agree to report that you paid it off in full to the credit agencies. Write them a check and boom, an instant 60% off all the shit you bought earlier.

This is more or less how I paid off all my student loans
>>
>>1677621
Banking on a lot of factors that might not work. This is also fraud and people have been made examples for over a lot less.
>>
>>1677621
neat idea, wouldnt try or recommend
>>
>>1677621
How'd you do this with student loans?
>>
>>1677621
>This is more or less how I paid off all my student loans

lol, no.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.