[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What modern day professions offer American Psycho, 1980s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dorsia.jpg (123KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
dorsia.jpg
123KB, 600x270px
What modern day professions offer American Psycho, 1980s IB style life?
>>
>>1675968
Well, the 1980s were the 1980s for a reason. Probably the closest thing to that is tech company consultant, with the business cards and manufactured image and all.

Of course IB, and certain extremely rare forms of lawyer are like this too now.
>>
>>1675975
I am a freshman in college who wants to break into IB eventually..is this path gonna be destroyed in the next 4 years? I was thinking of doing law school instead.
>>
>>1675986
Kek
>>
>>1675986
unlikely

thought you're basically going to be spending 12-14 hours a day making spreadsheets, powerpoint presentation and pitch books

and working on quite a few weekends too
>>
>>1675968

Unfortunately that world is dead thanks to HR and women's lib.

Some finance offices and sales offices on the East coast still have a glimmer or that life though.
>>
>>1675968
I'm an architect working as a high-tier counselor for real-estate development and investment companies. My job is to tell them what to do and they give me money. I live the life of Patrick Bateman, just without the work and the killing.
>>
>>1675968
None, it's a meme.
Probably the top elite of bankers enjoy that lifestyle, other are busy looking like they do.
I have friends who work in IB now, they're getting fat and they take drugs.
>>
Thank Dodd-Frank and the Volcker rule
>>
>>1676208
Patrick pretty much barely worked as well
>>
A lot of my friends work in mergers and acquisitions. You can get there through civil law, tax law, finance, accountancy etc.

Everyone I know who does it lives a normal lifestyle. Although they do earn a lot.
>>
>>1676208
Is it possible to watch Mad Men while ignoring the reddit fascination with "muh evil white sexually active male" thing? I love the aesthetics of it as a period piece but when I watched the 1st episode it was just too cartoonish. A modern liberal pantomime where every single scene was about good old boys laughing about niggers and jews and women.

>tfw no way to enjoy 50s/60s aesthetics without some leftist diatribe being preached to me
>>
>>1676361
I didn't find it to be overly preachy
>>
>>1676361
What do you think the 1950s/1960s were like lad?
>>
You can't go back in time, OP.
>>
>>1676691
I think it was white people living their lives mostly except doing it in old cars and in suburbs and people had stable high paying jobs and nuclear families. I don't think it consisted of white businessmen getting together in the boardroom to drink whiskey and talk about how to keep down niggers.

That's the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals are obsessed with the conservative boogeyman and how to thwart him, what new degeneracy to cook up so as to offend morality even further. Conservatives are concerned with their own families and societies and liberals only insofar as they threaten those institutions.
>>
>>1676829
Have you actually spoke to anybody from this time period that worked in a job similar to the one that the characters on the show worked in (Madison Ave., WallSt, etc.)? Racism was engraved in their brains from an early age because they grew up in a version of the US where whites and blacks went to separate schools, used separate bathrooms, and didn't usually work together in the same office space. Stop being such a fucking millennial about old-school systematic racism and accept that it was once apart of this country as a whole (whether or not we agree with it in the present time). In other words, grow up and stop thinking with confirmation bias.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.