[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do companies hire social media managers? can't the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: logo-facebook.png (6KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
logo-facebook.png
6KB, 512x512px
why do companies hire social media managers?

can't the CEO log into twitter/facebook for 5 minutes and upload the news?
>>
>>1673947
Sure, let the 450 dollar per hour guy work on twitter, instead of letting some 15 dollar guy do it.
>>
>>1673949
i get your point. but its not really work considering its actually a job.
isn't it better to hire a copywriter/graphic designer than a social media manager?
>>
>>1673949
Our community manager (also runs the social media accounts) is paid salary and I believe it starts at the same as HR ($62K).
>>
>>1673957
what the fuck
>>
>>1673956
I own a website. And I honestly don't have the time for the administration, content writing, quality control, uploading, webdesign, making or picking photos and social media all at the same time. So you hire people do it for you. The social media guy fulfill the same role a marketing guy would fulfill in real life. He can also spend his time on things like customer service and link building. Or he can pick his nose for half the day and still relieve me of my workload.
>>
>>1673960
Yeah he does social media shit, signs us up for stupid charities, comes up with "family" events as if employees want to bring their family to the factory on a day off to find easter eggs in the parking lot. He's a faggot and nobody likes him. We all had to donate a Christmas present to some nigger kid in a charity thing this year.
>>
>>1673963
so web design and writing is part of the requirements for becoming a social media manager? (aside from marketing)
>>
>>1673982
Truth is most graphic/web designers are awful at marketing. Being a social media manager has nothing to do with design, or marketing. It would be about asking a maintenance man to build a new machine. Sounds like something they can do, but it's not their job. It's an engineers job.
>>
>>1673947
writing is a skill
>>
>>1673949
Yeah. Then give himself 465/hour
>>
>>1673963
how do you get enough traffic to make enough money to live from your website? step by step since day 1

also you sell something or its just ad revenue?
>>
>>1673947

It's like operating a VCR, people over the age of 50 think it's this mad science so they hire a young person to do it.
>>
>>1673956
>isn't it better to hire a copywriter/graphic designer than a social media manager?
No. because: Real time response, you want someone to respond to consumer complaints quickly, and raise the alarm to management if a crises is unfolding.

Besides a graphic designer and a copywriter... which one is it? They are two very different gigs, and ideally you hire both at the beginning of a campaign to produce all the standardized elements, banners, graphics and write a "style guide" for copy and social media responses so that social media manager can focus simply on a case by case response.

I mean, yeah sure 90% of them it's a bullshit job like >>1674219 says, but if you do it right it can really improve your brand.
>>
>>1674418

well sure it can, but so can paying a guy $10 an hour to hold a sign on a street corner. Doesn't mean sign holding is complicated.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.