[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go about finding a pro bono attorney to discuss my business's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (17KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17KB, 273x185px
How do I go about finding a pro bono attorney to discuss my business's legal structure, licenses/permits, and an employment contract?

I went to my city's chamber of commerce and they said they can't really help me but gave me some numbers to call that might help. One was a number for legal aid and the other was the district attorney's number. I called the legal aid which is what they recommended first obviously and they said they don't just have a list of pro bono or retired attorneys and that I would need to contact a private attorney. How would I go about finding a pro bono private attorney for my busniess?
>>
*business
>>
why would a lawyer work for free?
>>
>>1672164
that's not the kind of work attorneys do pro bono
>>
If you're making money, why would you expect lawyers to work for free?

That said, if you're in the US you might try seeing what resources are available from the Small Business Administration. It's your tax money funding them.

https://www.sba.gov/tools/sba-learning-center/search/training

And see if your local county has information about business issues and legal requirements etc. Here is one from mine: http://www.unioncounty.org/wp-content/uploads/BusinessGuideMarysville2014.pdf

If you have access to university law library, perhaps pay them a visit and ask the reference librarian. They like challenges.
>>
>>1672218
>They like challenges.
then they're going to hate OP because he probably doesn't have a single question that couldn't be answered in less than 3 seconds by Google.
>>
>>1672218
Thanks for the info man. Im not making money though because Im still in the process of starting up my business which is why would like the pro bono attorney
>>
>>1672499
what kind of business?
>>
>>1672556
e-commerce
>>
>>1672559
so something you could conceivably be making money from before worrying about the legal formalities?
>>
>>1672559
Start working and making money. If you can do that you can pay a lawyer to do this for you. Or you can do it yourself in about 4-6hrs on your own and have a better understanding on the issue anyway
>>
>>1672164
Attorney checking in. Get fucked.
>>
>>1672164
Pro bono is where an attorny offers up his services for free in a criminal justice case. This is because in our western society we believe that every person should have a chance at a fair trial and thus also when he or she cannot afford legal help, hencr the pro bono part. This does NOT mean that you can get free legal advice for setting up a business or in civil cases.
>>
If you're stupid enough to think a lawyer would work for free for a private business you're too stupid to be anything but a wageslave
>>
>>1673456
This.

Too lazy to do your own legal research and too broke to pay? You're not going to make it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.