[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SaaS company >Started 5 years ago >Just received 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IISC_EqualityEquity[1].png (1MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IISC_EqualityEquity[1].png
1MB, 3000x2250px
>SaaS company
>Started 5 years ago
>Just received 2 investors of ~$50mil for a $150m total valuation
>$50-75m revenue this year

I got hired on the marketing team with a ~$60k salary in a "managerial" position. The marketing team is really small--less than 5 people.

There was nothing about equity or stock options in my contract. Should I ask HR? How do I ask? How much should I ask for and what are the standard terms?

I'm also going to ask my colleagues to see if they have options. I've already signed the contract though, which was dumb of me.

Any help appreciated!
>>
Is the company public or private?
>>
>>1671902

Should have mentioned--private.
>>
They used to hand out equity to everyone, but the majority of companies don't offer stock options anymore everyone. I'm sure there's a few people there with equity (probably the VP or head of marketing), but I'm willing to bet they won't offer equity to the average marketing person.
>>
>>1671832
OP, in your professional opinion, what would you say about the future of SaaS companies? Are they replacing their offline equivalent?
>>
>>1672065
The equity is owned by the founders and the investors. It would be highly unlikely for those people to say "why not" and give you equity.

Today's employees want zero stock, zero options, and as high a guaranteed salary as they can get.
>>
>>1672128

Yes, I think SaaS is largely replacing service and only going to become become and more prominent in the future. Automation, AI, big data all makes it seem almost inevitable...

>>1672134

Isn't the standard to get like 0.25 - 0.75% after X years?
>>
>>1672159
No that isn't standard. Your peer group wants money, not equity and the companies feel pressure to do it that way.

If you want equity, learn your industry well and then set up shop on your own. Instant 100% equity.
>>
Can you buy me CS:GO?
>>
>>1671832

How many employees?

Getting a piece of the company is usually reserved for about the top 20 positions.

As for stock options that is something you negotiate before the hire, not after. Some companies offer stock, some dont.
>>
>>1672378

There's like 50 engineers and maybe 30 for business dev/marketing/finance/account management etc.

My colleague (of same level) didn't get options

I'll check with HR to be sure but I guess I'm not too surprised - hopefully I can get a few points after X time but seems unlikely
>>
In a high growth company, equity is worth much much more than salary. Especially when investors want to not dilute the share pool.

You are just an average marketer. Maybe in a year if you bring in some major contracts that are solely related to marketing you can start to ask for stock, there is no need when marketing is a thin market already.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.