[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Client buying us lunch help me /biz/, i've never done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sweating rand.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
sweating rand.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>Client buying us lunch

help me /biz/, i've never done this before.

My team of 4 just finished an IT project for a client on behalf of some board. He's buying us lunch in a few days. He said we can go wherever we wanted so I joked about going to the priciest place in the city and it didn't even phase him. I was making a joke and he was genuinely considering it. I need to ask, should we be milking this guy, going to the most costly steakhouse and ordering one of everything with champagne to boot? or should you be modest? how modest is too modest? would he be insulted if we went to a lower-end place?

The only reason I'm asking this, is because on a few occasions he's also gotten us coffee, and seemed annoyed that we always get it from Tim's (shitty low-class canadian coffee). When someone buys me lunch, I make sure we go to a low-end place and I order a cheap meal. But in this case it's coming from someone who lives in a totally different world.

TL;DR: How do I know what kind of place to eat at and know what type of food is acceptable to order?
>>
>>1670641
First off i wouldnt make a joke like that. The fact you think going to a nice place is so unreasonable it can be considered funny just makes you look like a pleb.

He should have invited you someplace.

Just go to a higher end chain place. Why ruin a potentially beneficial contact trying to milk him out of a lunch.

Dont sperg out on this, you sound like a dipshit
>>
>>1670655
>Dont sperg out on this, you sound like a dipshit
this is our first project and i'm 21. no experience
>>
>>1670661
Ok sorry for being rude im actually rooting for you. It sounds like a good opportunity to network but it sounds like u are already fucking up
>>
>>1670661
Still, that's a dipshit move and
>>1670682
shouldnt be retracting
>>
Nah man you didn't fuck up, you did a great job and he wants to show his gratitude. Go somewhere you would go out to for lunch with a coworkers. He's not taking you out on a date, he's buying you lunch. I would say $20 a person is reasonable.

And don't fucking talk shit about Timmies, worlds greatest coffee when they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>1670685
>I would say $20 a person is reasonable.
Where do you seriously live where that will get you a decent business lunch? That's like the price of one cocktail
>>
>>1670661
Get back to work, Shawn. You've had enough lunches.
>>
Overthinking life, The Post
>>
35-50 would be resonable anon and just be yourself, talk to him sweetly, and listen to him. sit beside him etc~~
>>
>>1670641
Ask HIM to recommend somewhere for you guys to eat. Say something along the lines that you guys are tired of the local offerings and maybe he could recommend something new. Ask him to join you for lunch. NEVER take advantage of a customer who, from what I've gathered from your post, has brought you multiple jobs.

And this is a lunch, not a swanky dinner date. A steak or other premium menu item is not out of the question, but when you start ordering champagne and caviar and shit it just seems like you're taking advantage of the situation. If he's there with you and starts offering it up, then by all means go with it but don't assume his open tab is grounds to live it up.
>>
>>1670641
Nothing is free in the world OP. Remember this when it came back and bite you in the ass.
>>
>>1670641
Despise the free lunch, OP
>>
>>1670798
Why
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.