[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? They're available in Canada now and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: eOtZRxIb.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
eOtZRxIb.png
24KB, 512x512px
Is this a meme?

They're available in Canada now and I've never checked my credit report or scores before. Is there some sort of catch?
>>
File: FICO.png (15KB, 156x189px) Image search: [Google]
FICO.png
15KB, 156x189px
It's not a true Fair-Isaacs FICO score.

It correlates highly with FICO since they use similar metrics. The "cost" is that you will then get spammed with all sorts of free credit card /refi / auto loan / etc offers. They sell the info you enter.

Some credit cards (eg Discover) give you a true FICO for free, and you can check it as often as you wish.
>>
>>1669770
Fuck no its not a meme! Do it. Now. Shit changed my life op. Spent $600 on a class that pretty much said sign up for credit karma and use cards intelligently.

450 score to over 700 and climbing. Saved over 3 grand this year on interest fees alone.
>>
>>1669775
Discover is US-only. They don't even accept it here for travellers.

The thing is that in Canada, CreditKarma only uses Transunion, which is said to be shite compared to Equifax.

>>1669776
I'm just not sure if it's worth it to give away my personal information to such a company. Seems risky these days.
>>
>>1669780

Does your bank offer free FICO checks as a perk for signing up for some sort of program?

IIRC, my main bank (Chase w/ VISA) is offering free FICOs if you sign up for online only statements and use their app.
>>
>>1669807
No.

You can order TU and Equifax directly by snailmail free in Canada but Score is paid. Only report is free.

So I'm thinking I should just use Creditmemerma.
>>
>>1669814

Yeah, it correlates very highly. If your number is 750 with FICO it's likely +/- 10 with CK.
>>
>>1669775
>>1669807
Getting a free FICO score from your bank or credit card is nice (Quicken does it too), but its NOT very useful for understanding or improving your credit score. You need to see your full history, what's included, and how it's scored. That's the real strength of Credit Karma: it gives you real visibility into what makes up your credit score and why, and not just what the number is.
>>
>>1669843

True. It's a snapshot. You should pull your credit history at least annually just to make sure Sergei in Moscow isn't playing the ponies with your ID.
>>
>>1669846
Lol sergei in moscow

Kind of fucked up thinking about it dude. You can wagecuck a whole month or two just to make what Sergei makes off cashing one false tax refund.

Why aren't WE the Sergeis in Moscow?
>>
>TFW credit karma doesn't even spam you with offers right now because it's in Beta in Canada

feels ok man
>>
>>1669780
I didn't. Not the class I took anyway. I did to credit karma. If anyone is gonna have it then it may as well be these guys. I'm better off for it and know several multimillionaires that swear by it just on the advise alone
>>
>>1670038
>I didn't. Not the class I took anyway. I did to credit karma.

That's what I meant. Personal information to credit karma.

Well I guess you're right. If it's going to get hacked/stolen it's gonna get hacked or stolen lol
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.