[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>act like you don't give a fuck about your job >act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Office-Space.jpg (41KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Office-Space.jpg
41KB, 630x420px
>act like you don't give a fuck about your job
>act like they need you more than you need them
>keep job
>get promoted

does this work in the real world
>>
>>1669137
>act like you don't give a fuck about your job

no

>act like they need you more than you need them

yes
>>
You'd probably have better luck with installing a virus to embezzle money from your company, if you're gonna copy anything from that movie.
>>
>>1669137
You got it all wrong, my friend.
Do these two things:
>Be Non-Needy
Don't let people think you are scared of losing something, like your car, job, girl, home, etc.
People are animals; they sniff out your weaknesses and use them against you when the time is right.
>Always Have Options
Whether you fake it or not, you have to show everyone that if you lose something in your life, you can immediately and effortlessly replace it. During small talk, tell your boss about your competitors' hiring spree, or talk about you cousin who recently got a sweet job and wanted to hook you up with one too, ya dig :^)
>>
>>1669137
I just did this and it worked until I demanded a raise and got shit canned
>>
>>1669137
no, you are going to be the first in the list of layoffs with that attitude.
I was an excelent worker for 3 years and they promote the lazy stupid asshole instead of me.
fuck everything.
I stop caring and start acting like your pic related
feels freaking gooood
two months later I was signing my layoff. no regrets but no job.
>>
>>1669150
don't be a fucking idiot and brag about other job offers to your boss.

mentioning competitors hiring as if it was a threat to your company is OK though.
>>
No matter what you think, bosses always promote their favorites. So find a way to be a favorite. Either make them more money or get out your kneepads.
>>
>>1669415
That proved they were right by not promoting you
>>
>Co-worker is over qualified for his job and could easy be promoted to supervisor
>is actually the step in supervisor when neither supervisor is able to make it to work
>Upper management is looking for somebody else to high when one of our supervisors move departments
>Management doesn't want to promote the over qualified worker because he reports every single wrong doing to the supervisors and upper management doesn't want to deal with a constant snitch complaining to them all the time.

Don't be that guy. Management wants small problems to be dealt by supervisors instead of being forced to babysit all their workers.
>>
>>1669137
Probably not, but people are basically dumb as fuck and will pick favorites over good workers every time. Unless you want to really put in the extra work to fuck over everyone else in the office (who will now get upset with you because they look lazy in comparison), try to identify the amount of work your average person does in the office, and then do about that amount of work.

>>1669415
It proved that the lazy useless asshole probably had some connection that made him coast in ahead, despite his lack of work ethics, and that the style indeed does work, if you've already got it made.

>>1669916
How? His example proves that being a lazy asshole works. He said he was an excellent worker for three years, but they promoted the lazy guy. The guy probably knew someone, to be fair.

>>1669898
>Kneepads
Jokes aside, this is how girls typically get promoted. They don't even need to suck a dick, they can just look decent and someone will find a way to justify treating them better even if they're doing a sub-par job.

>>1669926
>Management doesn't want to actually manage (their one and only job, when they aren't getting jerked off in the copy room by someone who wants a promotion, or taking half-day long lunch breaks)
>They only want to be told when their department is nearly going under from their complete lack of management and sheer incompetence, so that they can pick out a suitable scape-goat when the in-law relative that promoted them in the first place looks for anyone but their pet to blame the massive fuck-up on
Sounds about right.
>>
>>1669137
this works literally with everything, girlfriends, friends, job, family
>>
You want to get promoted? Become friends with your managers. Go out of your way to help them. Do the shit work they don't like fucking with. Find shit they like and talk about it with them. I've been doing this for years and its always worked. I bust my ass and get promoted til I have other cucks doing 90% of my work.
>>
>>1669137
Not unless u are very fucking valuable. 99% of the time they would laugh and call u a cuck.
>>
>>1669137

It works as long as you are still skilled and great at your job.

They idea is that you don't need them, they need you.

Shop the resume.
>>
>>1669916
>That proved they were right by not promoting you

>>1670033
>The guy probably knew someone, to be fair

that fucker was talking shit about everyone and making himself look good with the district manager sucking his dick. my direct manager wanted me in that position because he knows I was doing great.
When they knew the position was open everyone automatically assumed it was mine. but at the end the district manager chose him because he was dry of all the dick sucking. I never rage so hard in my life, not because I wanted that position but because I lost against a braindead fucking retard.
that teach that if you want to go far in life you need to masterize asslicking and suck. fuck productivity and knowledge.
When they saw I was not giving a shit anymore they asked me why, I was like, I am just following his lead maybe Im gonna end being CEO of this fucking shitty company.
>>
>>1669137
Ive get promotions in my first couple months typically.

>>Land job mgmt, get promotion to regional mgmt after not giving a fuck and doing what needed to be done

>>Be green engineer, people fucking up and I get promoted to engineering team in air conditioned office.

>>Run own business, all I do is win
>>
>>1669137
Yes, essentially my boss
>Act like a dick all the time to people below you
>shift blame and throw everyone underneath the bus
>Seems like he does nothing but yell at you and tell you to hurry up
>>
>>1669137

yes

/thread
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.