[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /biz/ I need you to level with me. I'm a college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1472144013720.png (24KB, 382x379px) Image search: [Google]
1472144013720.png
24KB, 382x379px
Alright /biz/ I need you to level with me.

I'm a college freshman getting into stocks. I sold my first couple stocks a couple days ago. I started with 25 dollars and made a little more then double back. Well Christmas is coming up boys. Where should I put my money next?
>>
>>1668618
You need to make a decision whether you want to be a degenerate speculator or a disciplined investor.

If the latter you need a system of evaluating stocks based on their actual merits in a quantitative way; Yes this means spending your spare time digging through annual reports.

The idea is to find a system of evaluating a stocks price independently from... looking at it's price or market cap.

Once you do that, you can just buy the stock when it falls below your valuation, and sell it when it rises too far above it. This is probably the best way to make money known to man.

Speculating might see 100% profits every week or something ridiculous; but it always ends in tears or a large amount of money that your strategy doesn't scale well into (and therefore you lose and go into a depression).
>>
>>1668923
nah, I ride memes all day and i'm up 2 mil since last tuesday
>>
>>1668923
Where is the best place to get annual reports? I emailed adidas and, 2 other companies and they haven't responded.
>>
>>1668955
I was watching an intro to trading by Shkreli. He uses the SEC website.
>>
>>1668618

Just remember this: all day traders make money during bull markets. A true pro can make money during corrections and bear markets.

2001 and 2009 washed a lot of amateurs out of the market, to the point that only 52% of Americans own sticks today. In 2007 it was 64%.

Be disciplined. Set up rules for entry/exit and follow them. Learn, learn, learn. Never let emotion or ego get in the way, even if you're losing money. Set stops, use limit orders only, and never go into debt for a trade. Ever.

Good luck, but think long term.
>>
>>1668923
How do I become a degenerate speculator?
>>
>>1668945
>he could be telling the truth and no one would know
>>
File: 1474177122070.png (511KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
1474177122070.png
511KB, 600x584px
>>1669834
Lmao am interested as well
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.