[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Came up with an interesting idea for a business today. Convert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: bus.jpg (245KB, 1223x873px) Image search: [Google]
bus.jpg
245KB, 1223x873px
Came up with an interesting idea for a business today.

Convert an old double-decker bus into multiple small living units (student accomodation style) and rent them out to people with really low rents like £100/month.

Would any of you be interested in living in an old converted bus on the cheap?
>>
Where park it?
>>
>>1668435

Depends on the denizens really.
If they're working/student types, near a major bus route would be ideal.
If it's a bunch of NEETs then anywhere will do.

Would be best to park near some free wifi to improve quality of life.

In any case I'm sure a deal could be made with some landowner.
>>
>>1668431
Why do you think busses are cheap?
How many units do you plan on fitting in there?
How do you plan on getting plumbing in there?
Access to units, Privacy, Security?
How about heating? Electricity?
>>1668435
Regulations, legal bullshit?
Most importantly, why?

All around 2/10 would not invest.
>>
>>1668448
Don't modern busses already have lavs/heating? Some newer ones probably even have outlets for charging
>>
>>1668448

Buses are extremely cheap.
I think 5 tiny units would fit on a bus, 2 down 3 up.
Toilet and shower facility would need to be communal.
Access to units would be via locked doors, which takes care of privacy and security issues.
No heating.
Electricity from diesel generator and maybe some solar.

Why? Rents are out of control and we are soon going to see mass homelessness once the next crash happens or when automation really kicks in.

The legal issues are what's gonna fuck it up though, sadly.
>>
You see this on the news earlier m8? Someone on isle of Wight did this for the homeless. Bus cost £7k and to kit it out for 15+ people was £20k
>>
>>1668448

So he's gonna keep the motor running 24/7 and everyone in the bus will have to share a small shitty lavatory where the poop tank has to be emptied once a day?

>>1668455

>I think 5 tiny units would fit on a bus, 2 down 3 up.

The space is tiny, how do you access 3 units on the top with only one staircase?

>Toilet and shower facility would need to be communal.

Tiny space and still no plumbing.

>Access to units would be via locked doors, which takes care of privacy and security issues.

Yeah really safe with that great light weight construction. Your home can literally get carjacked.

>No heating.
Now that's a place where I want to live!

>Electricity from diesel generator and maybe some solar.

So at night when your extremely expensive solar panels don't produce any energy you're gonna start up the loud ass and also extremely expensive diesel engine? And you're also keeping a tank of diesel nearby?

You really haven't thought this through have you?

>Why? Rents are out of control and we are soon going to see mass homelessness once the next crash happens or when automation really kicks in.

And you think a bus would be much cheaper?

You could literally do all of this much simpler and more inexpensive by constructing a trailer park.
>>
>>1668480

15 people sounds a bit crowded and has to be communal sleeping.

I was thinking more along the lines of partitioning it up so each tenant had their own room, so there's at least a little privacy and quality of life.

Didnt see it on the news - saw a cheap bus on ebay and that's what made me think of it lol.
>>
>>1668487

The only insurmountable points there are the lack of access to running water and mains electricity.

Both of which are owned only by those people who are already comfortably off and wouldn't want a bus full of scum in their back yard, at any price.

And there's no way around that problem, so this idea is dead in the water.
>>
>>1668512
You be better off buying used RV's and a plot of land with utilities...be Lord of the low rent trailer park. Cops would probably be there a lot and good luck collecting rent from vagabonds.
>>
>>1668519

You're not allowed to live on land you own in the UK unless that land has planning permission.

And if that land has planning permission, it's worth at least hundreds of thousands of pounds even for the smallest and shittiest plot and you don't need stupid schemes like house buses.
>>
>>1668431
Look up container housing noob
>>
>>1668431
If you could park it in a trailer park or campsite at night (meaning you wouldn't have to have water, toilets or showers on board) then it could be a success. I'm imagining it being marketed toward wageslaves who work in urban centres but can't afford inner city rent or commuting.

Every morning the cuckbus (that's trademarked, btw) pulls up in the city centre and disgorges the workers. It then sits idle in a depot on the outskirts. Around 6pm it pulls up in the centre again and the cucks get in. It then takes them to a trailer/camp site with communal toilet and shower blocks.

The workers could therefore shit, shower etc at night or at their workplace. For food they could keep some supplies in their rooms but mostly eat at the work canteen or takeout. The benefits would include a considerably lower rent than an apartment or shared house, and most of the transport needs are met. Unlike standard commuting the wagecucks could eat, sleep, or relax in their quarters as soon as the bus was on the road.

Difficulties would include finding 5 or so people who all share the same work pattern, obviously if they were all employed by the same company that would be ideal. The remaining challenges would be to keep fuel, utilities and ground rent low enough to make this idea attractive.
>>
Some places it's illegal to have such residences
Also plumbing/electricity/etc?
>>
>>1668431

What if you bought a piece of property to park them on and then rented them out to students and you drove them to class in it each morning and picked them up?
>>
>>1668669
Why are people on this board so stupid? It would be easier just to buy modular housing and bus them to school/work instead of retrofitting some fucking old double-decker bus with electricity and plumbing and then driving it around.
>>
>>1668431
Heres the issue mate
I've had a lot of ideas like this, but the places where people need cheap accommodation (e.g. London), its the land thats the most expensive part
>>
>>1668431
You're not going to get a lot of units out of one of these, especially after things like running water and insulation and a big ol' septic tank. You'll also be running the engine to provide power for it, which will be expensive. It's an engine meant to produce torque in wheels, not electricity. Alternators on engines aren't very big.

Zoning laws are also a thing. If you get land and zone it, then why not build a house at that point?

>>1668487
>You could literally do all of this much simpler and more inexpensive by constructing a trailer park.
This.

But even then, land is STILL the most expensive part of it so you may as well just become a conventional slumlord.
>>
>>1668523
Wow. That is interesting shit. I didn't know that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.