[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do carfaxes show all accidents or just the ones reported

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1383932748410.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1383932748410.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
Do carfaxes show all accidents or just the ones reported to insurance companies?
>>
Carfax has secret sensors in every single car that knows when you back into a telephone pole or above your shopping cart in it.

Jesus Christ you have to be retarded to not figure this out on your own.
>>
>>1668076
any accident reported to insurance.
some accidents where there is a police report, but not all.
>>
>>1668082
This. Almost all new cars come with them.
>>
Only insurance.

Never report to your insurance unless its a total loss.

I literally shake when people claim insurance for fender benders or owner vs stationary object. Literally. I'm shaking right now. Don't use insurance unless its a total loss than only if you are not at fault.
>>
>>1668764

This lady backed into my car a few months ago. Seemed like a stupid entitle housewife.

We exchange info and she tells me to get an estimate, she'll pay me. The estimate comes to about $1000 to repair. Her husband calls me and says they changed their mind and wanna go through insurance. Insurance cut me a check for $1000.

Lol, wtf?
>>
Here's a tip if you're ever in an accident and you know you're not at fault. Call the police. When they show up they'll give the person at fault a ticket and note it in the police report. The insurance companies will get the report and they have to go by this. If the other person got a ticket for failure to yield they're not going to say you're at fault. This might vary from state to state though. Also, you're entitled to diminished value once your car is repaired. Call them up and they'll write you a check, it's from a standard formula though. There's also a thing I heard about called partial fault. Say you refuse to allow someone to merge and hit them on purpose or intentionally slam your brakes to cause an accident. The fault is split by percentage.

Finally, if you're not at fault never allow the insurance to "do all the work" and go after the other insurance. They'll say something like you pay the 500 deductible and you'll get it back most likely. You're basically doing a claim on your insurance as if the other person was uninsured, so your rates will go up. This is how morons are like "I was in an accident, it wasn't my fault but my insurance went up, wtf!" You did a insurance claim on your insurance lol.

>>1668076
autocheck shows more somehow. But like others said I think it's through insurance or police reports. I bought a car that had been in two fender benders, but the damage was a lot to repair. I'm pretty sure it went through the insurance since it was over 3 or 4k but carfax and autocheck did not show this.
>>1668764
fuck off. That's retarded mentality. Get a quote to paint a fender and replace an oem headlight. Also, bumpers are plastic so they have to be new, fenders can be used oem but the bumper has to be new.
>>1668788
They probably paid the detectable of 250 or 500 instead of the full 1k.
>>
>>1668875
In my city (Chicago), the police only come if someone has been hurt. I've been in 3 accidents with other cars, all basically my fault. I would always take pics of the damage and try to tweak the story when the insurance company called. Every time they found me not at fault. Also got a lot of extra repair work done on my car by claiming it as due to the accident.

Hell, my 4th accident was driving over a stop sign while drunk and setting off my airbags. Told insurance somebody ran out I'm front of me so I swerved to avoid them and hit the pole. Found not at fault. Never had to pay a deductible.
>>
>>1668902
>Hell, my 4th accident was driving over a stop sign while drunk and setting off my airbags. Told insurance somebody ran out I'm front of me so I swerved to avoid them and hit the pole. Found not at fault. Never had to pay a deductible.
Horseshit. Non-collision single car accidents are always charged against the driver.

Also, the police in Chicago will come to any traffic accident. Period.

Stop bullshiting on an anonymous message board, fag.
>>
>>1668961
You don't know SHIT, kid. The police in Chicago are technically required to come to any traffic accident, but they are so backed up with violent crime that IN REALITY they never fucking get there.

"Non-collision single car accidents" (as you fucking retardedly put them) won't be charged against you as long as you know what you're doing. The guy you're replying to gave you one example of how to get away with no deductible.

It's not "bullshitting." It's being an adult who has lived, bro.
>>
>>1668980
>You don't know SHIT, kid. The police in Chicago are technically required to come to any traffic accident, but they are so backed up with violent crime that IN REALITY they never fucking get there
Stop reading #fakenews, fag. If I called the cops right now (Lincoln Park) they'd be here in 20 seconds.

>The guy you're replying to
Is a lying cunt who probably can't afford anything better than sate mandated insurance because he's had so many accidents. Sorry to insult your boyfriend, both you're both cancerous fucks.
>>
File: DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE.jpg (466KB, 1200x1179px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE.jpg
466KB, 1200x1179px
>>1668076
Some guys on /o/ used to run full vin checks for free, but pretty sure they got banned from the software for misuse. But in the past I've had them get a full history for my 240sx, Maxima, & C6 Corvette .

Maxima had 0 accidents, but it showed that recall repairs were performed at a dealer in 2008 & a full list of every dealer & shop that reported work.

Corvette had a bumper replaced at a high end body shop after hitting something, but wasn't reported thru insurance.

240sx had 2 reported accidents including one with a tree, & when it killed someone on a "Pedacycle" but it has had at least 3 other crashes that went unreported & repaired privately, including 2 on a race track, & once with me on the street.
Amazingly enough, it still has a clean title.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.