[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welcome to the dark art of social manipulation. You get a thick,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1459316594702.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
1459316594702.png
429KB, 399x614px
Welcome to the dark art of social manipulation. You get a thick, big and strong erection when you see a naked women. Likewise, you can get popular if you push people's emotional buttons just right. When you get people to like you, you get free drinks, easy job promotions and more dates.

The social game is strategic. Unfortunately nobody taught you this in school; you learned by trial and error. The popular kids in high school "gets it". In the working world, those with better social skills will get better jobs and easier promotions even if they're below average skilled, ie the scheming Jew becomes the CEO through social connections or the incompetent secretary who got the promotion by sucking over 9000 dicks.

Here are the strategies you want to follow.

1. Show, don't tell. Never brag about your accomplishments or drop names. Instead, let people see your accomplishments on Linkin or your vacation pictures on Instagram. People are noisy, voyeuristic creatures who love snooping - that's why the best selling magazines of all times are celebrity gossip magazines. People are more infinitely more impressed when they "spied" on your vacation via Instagram than you outright bragging about your vacation. Better yet, let others brag about your vacation.

2. Praise people. How do you come across as sincere even if you have seething contempt for them? Praise occasionally. "Nice haircut! Did you lose weight? You look good today etc." Some people fall into the trap and overly praise which makes the compliment seem insincere. You'll get an intuitive feel when to praise without crossing the line. Praise everyone, even the obnoxious cunt at the office - you want her to be on your side? Why? Because even plebs in numbers can wield power, ie fat tumblrsettes and keyboard social justice warriors. When you help the weak, old and young, people will immediately like you. Politicians know this, hence kissing the baby on every televised election.
>>
>>1667273
3. Have Patrick Batemen tier level of hygiene, dress style and fitness. People subconsciously want to associate with winners. After all nobody respects a fat slob with bitch tits. Since you have the discipline and will power to dress well with impeccable hygiene, what other amazing things you have in your life, they wonder. Curiosity will drive them to WANT to be your friend. It's no secret that people judge by appearance - use this to your advantage.

4. Develop a caricature version of yourself. People get famous on TV by playing a role - David Rempsey is famous for throwing a tantrum, PieDiePew is famous for screaming at the screen like a autistic (he made $7 millions off youtube last year), Simons from American Idol is famous for making mean comments at bad contestants. You can make yourself known as the "funny and intelligent guy" or "the guy who travels the world" or "the guy who is popular with the ladies" The worse thing you can is the boring nobody. Never express your insecurities and fears. Let people see the caricature you.

5. Send them a happy birthday card and New Year card, via email or post card. Create a template for your class mates or co-workers to save time. Something like "It's been a pleasure working with you. Who's awesome? You're awesome. I wish you the best of luck and make this an amazing year. See you at work tomorrow!"
>>
>>1667278
6. Got an invitation? Turn them down. Since normies are boring, you want to strategically hang out with them. For every 2 invites the send, turn down one. This implies you're a busy person who values your time and hence, people will treat you with respect. All of this is done without saying a word.

7. Only say positive or neutral things about people. Never gossip, even if you have seething contempt for them. It's easy to talk behind a co-worker's back. But the person you're gossiping with thinks you talk shit about him also. Remain neutral on the topic, even if you have a strong opinion.

8. Your time has high value. Never get used by people who repeatedly ask you for requests but give no value in return. Turn them down by saying no. Tell them you're not an expert in this subject matter. Never ever waste your time with a fucking pleb. Occasionally you'll come across an idiot - never argue or pick a fight. Nod your head, smile and locate the nearest exit.

9. Appear to have no agenda, even if you have one. People have a hard time buying from a sale man but an easy time buying from a friend. You want to come across as genuine and sincere. Don't try too hard to offer help or freely give people things (remember the try hard kid in class who always raise his hand first or brown nose the teacher by offering help?) Be selective in giving your time, money and praises. Strange fact in life: the more you give people free stuff/time/effort, the more likely they are to abuse you.
>>
>>1667273
Ughhh another le edgy social manipuator thread...

Really gotta disagree with point no. 1.
You have to brag, you said it yourself people are noisy. People don't give a fuck about you, they aren't investigating you, they're too wrapped up in their own shit. That's why you need to brag a little bit, don't be Donald Trump on the podium (although look at the way he builds himself up, 60% of the time he doesn't say it directly), but you need to frame the conversation about yourself, because as far as other people are concerned you're a blank slate. That's the worst thing you can be if you want to be a Machiavellian master par excellance.

I do agree with part no. 2. It's the best advice you can ever give anyone.

Not sure what you mean by point 4? How does that work in everyday life?

no. 5 isn't a bad idea

you might be onto something about no. 6

no. 7 is a good one. Self preservation! You never know when an errant bad comment will come back to haunt you.

No. 9 is interesting... it worked well for some historical figures, Stalin comes to mind. But then look at someone like Steve Jobs who made his agenda abundantly clear all the time. I think this is one where you have to match it to your personality.
>>
>>1667288
>Not sure what you mean by point 4? How does that work in everyday life?

You build an image of yourself.

For example Drumpf has some rather silly-looking mannerisms and phrases/ways of speaking but they're exclusive to him and everyone recognizes him. Pretty self explanatory.
>>
>>1667288
Simply put, you want to stand out but in a positive way. Or at least a neutral way. That's what makes you memorable.
>>
>>1667293
No, I still don't get it. Are you talking about, sayyy... in a social circle being "the funny one" the "smart dresser" the "ladies man" of the group?

I just don't see how Trump's media personality or PerwdiePie who is a on-screen entertainer applies to a person in everyday life. They are caricatures because they existed behind a proscenium arch.

Also in everyday life we have to have a large suite of different roles, sociologists call this Persona I think: a woman may be a mother, a secretary, coach of a soccer team, a wife, a 'retired model', maybe she owns a Mustang and in a car club so she's defined by being the 'mustang lady' is that what you mean?
>>
>>1667300
That makes more sense.
>>
>>1667301
>I just don't see how Trump's media personality or PerwdiePie who is a on-screen entertainer applies to a person in everyday life. They are caricatures because they existed behind a proscenium arch.

I guess those are examples are just examples of more "online" personalities and used just because they illustrate the idea much better.
>>
>>1667305
I think the way you explained it >>1667300 here is much clearer and easier to grasp. Just one dude's opinion though.

I was wondering if you could go into more detail about your reasoning behind:
>6. Got an invitation? Turn them down. Since normies are boring, you want to strategically hang out with them. For every 2 invites the send, turn down one. This implies you're a busy person who values your time and hence, people will treat you with respect. All of this is done without saying a word.

Because on the other hand I've noticed that the more I say "yes" to both invitations and like opportunities the more opportunities come my way, and importantly the more money in my pocket. Maybe that's because of the type of people I associate with, though.
>>
>>1667311
>Because on the other hand I've noticed that the more I say "yes" to both invitations and like opportunities the more opportunities come my way, and importantly the more money in my pocket

I think it's more of a balance.

obviously you don't want to be that asshole that rejects every single of his friends' invitations to hang out because eventually they'll just stop talking to you all together.

But on the otherhand if you're that guy who instantly responds to emails, is seemingly "always available" and never really seems to be getting pulled in other directions people start to wonder - perhaps even subconsciously - whether you're actually a valuable person that's "in demand".

It might even just be a subconscious thing but when people see something in high demand - they perceive it to be more valuable. If a certain item is CONSTANTLY sold out, or they see every person they know have something, and people putting it on their Christmas wishlists, birthday wishlists then they'll see this item as worth a lot more, even without actually understanding what it is or why it's that way.

I think this applies to human relations as well. A man that seems to have a "3 month long waiting list" for his availability would appear to be more important than the guy who doesn't miss a single text and responds immediately.
>>
>>1667317
Simple solution: genuinely keep busy. Then you won't be able to accept all invitations because sometimes you've already got prior commitments. Have a wide group of friends and professional relations.
>>
>>1667331
Yeah but we're talking /biz/ autists who are just starting to get their life up.

Anyway, you can extend the idea.

Point is to appear busy and important. If you are because your schedule is filled to the brim - good. If you're one step above neet - make it appear so.
>>
>>1667273
Thanks OP, some nice tips you got there.
>>
Assumptive language and how to use it

Let's say your housemate is one of those fuckers who leaves the sponge in the sink after washing up, so it grows bacteria and groddy stuff. Don't ask them:
>Hey can you please put the sponge on the top of the sink? it's not hygenic to leave it in the water
Especially said with an accusatory or pleading tone is the loser way to do things.

Instead, cheerfully suggest:
>Hey you if you leave the sponge on top of the sink and not in the water, it's a lot better for hygiene

Tone of voice counts though. Say it without a critical tone, but also with confidence. A bothered groan as a reply is replaced with a startled "okay". Master this and, theoretically, yes, that girl will be coming back to your apartment with you at the end of the night, and when she walks in you're sink won't be full of dirty dishes!

>trying to keep it basic here
>>
File: 1426033693470s.jpg (8KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1426033693470s.jpg
8KB, 250x228px
Hey man, just wanted to genuinely say (no memeing) thanks for taking the time to write this out if you did, you're helping chisel at the vast wall of shitty content on this board and atleast providing something useful.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Cheers anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.