[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do rich kids ever just disengage from the family business, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: m 1931.jpg (306KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m 1931.jpg
306KB, 1280x1080px
Do rich kids ever just disengage from the family business, and spend their time and money just idling around, amusing themselves?

Have you ever come across types like this?
>>
>>1666172
Yes college roommate was unengaged with senpai biz
>>
I know a few rich kids on discord. They're all lazy neets. One girl I know inherited several hundred thousand dollars from her grandpa and now she just does nothing almost all day until she gets bored and takes a job, but then she just stops going to work when she doesn't want to and gets fired in less than a month each time. Over and over for as long as I've known her. Most people who get money without trying are lazy fucks.
>>
>>1666172

Poor people have done this.

Why would rich people be different, especially if they could do so in a way that they would be hired back after their 'sabbatical'?
>>
>>1666186
Well, for one thing, most rich people have at least grandparents who worked for it. That's an influence that poor people don't usually have.
>>
>>1666185
damn id be perfectly happy with this lifestyle. my grandparents are sitting on top of $3-4 million in assets and i know a chunk of that will be going my way some point...
>>
>>1666207

Yes, but those kids might have never had to worry about a thing.

And lack of work ethic sometimes is something that happens no matter how hard you try to instill a work ethic in someone.
>>
Off the top of my head, two friends of mine, both have parents who are self-made millionaires. Very different age groups, and upbringings. Both make art, hang out with artists - different mediums. One has no actual business ambitions at all, the other use to be that way but now she's super driven to start her own business. Both have a focus when they want to do something like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>1666172
Work with one, the guy is very delusional. His dad started out as a delivery guy now has upwards of 20m in assets. The guy finished university on the 3rd try (thats where i met him), has man tits and no drive for anything. Somehow pretends he is humble an is not spoiled. I got a job through him as i suspect he wanted someone to actually do the work. Since then his average work day is like this:
>Arrive 30min late
>Put his shit down
>Check what tv shows are out today
>We go out for a smoke, maybe buy something to drink while we're out
>Lunch time he goes to McDonalds or some other place next to the office. Literally cannot handle walking more than 5 minutes
>Spends 2 hours at lunch
>All the work he does is pick up the phone tell the person that the boss is not in and he will forward the call (he never does) and pick up the mail and sort out which is advertisements which are bills
>go to the post office sometimes (3 minutes away)
>4.35 "Lets head out home bro its been a busy day" sure why the fuck would i stay
>smoke weed in the office after people leave every Friday
He was asked to pay a bill last week to a guy working on a program for us. He has the money in hand, has the freedom to leave to go pay anytime he wants. Does nothing and half of the office is fucking down. The guy lied to our boss that he actually paid him.
>>
>>1666172
One kid I knew. Took a month off from the family energy business to NEET around and rest. Then traveled to Greece to explore a bit, see monasteries, etc.Then went back to work.

He's weird in that he doesn't care much about oil specifically, but is interested in renewables. So his father just assigned him to try to chart a future course for the family energy business/research on new innovations. Last I checked he was ranting on about solar energy microgrids.
>>
I had a friend that inherited $1.2M. He blew it all on a few trips to Vegas then blamed it as "coping with the loss of his Father" and everybody felt bad for him. I know him since childhood though and know he never gave a shit about his Father.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.