[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a piece of land in Latvia nobody seemingly wants. 34 hectares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 2016-12-12-02-39-37.png (471KB, 479x799px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-12-02-39-37.png
471KB, 479x799px
I have a piece of land in Latvia nobody seemingly wants.
34 hectares of drained swamp, which has that burnable turf(dont know in english name for it). It was said it's not enough to extract it profitably
1.8ha of forest comes with it.
Classified as non agricultural land

What price I should ask for and how to find buyers which offer decent price and how much should I expect?

(I hope it isnt considered advertisement)
>>
>>1664806
I really want this selling/buying real estate in eastern europe to become a thing.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>1664809
I'm pretty sure that it will be. And the whole region will develop in an intense pace. Low living costs, quiet and relatively safe cities and beautiful countryside. I'm from an East-central European country and I love living here, the only bad thing is the extremely low wages.
I live in the capital city but I have a REALLY old small house with a huge garden in a small village not too far. From time to time we think about selling it but I don't think that we could sell it for more than $10k since the building is pretty ruined. But for around ~20k you can buy a comfy old fashioned bigger house with a big garden. If you like the countryside, want to live abroad for a while and you have an online income or a remote job, it's a good opportunity.Btw I'm from Hungary.

ON topic: I have no idea, but it sounds cool, owning a forest and a swamp.
>>
i will give u 3000 canadian dollars for that shit
>>
>>1664888
Why such a ridiculous offer gets trips.
On topic, maybe someone can recommend foreign realtors. As far as I have heard swedes are keen on buying latvian land.
>>
Also, property is like 25km from russia, unsure if it's a pro or con.
>>
>>1664806
how much you want for it?
>>
>>1665060
No idea how much it is worth, but my father advices something along 30k euros
>>
>>1665242
Is keeping it costing you anything?
>>
>>1665247
Not alot, I think it was 200 euros per year. Problem is that it's still a liability, because for example by buying an agricultural land and trimming it once a year can make you 200 eur in EU subsidies for each hectare per year. I have no means to extract turf from this swamp, so only remotely useful piece for me is forest.
>>
>>1665292
keep it for when NORAD comes back
>>
>>1665292
Rent a metal detector and check the land for hidden treasures!
Protip: Try not to dig out old landmines.
Brotip: If you find something valuable, send me 10% for the idea.
>>
File: 2016-12-12-09-07-42.png (184KB, 479x799px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-12-09-07-42.png
184KB, 479x799px
>>1665299
Pic related? Explain me more about it
>>
>>1665301
It's valuable is sapropel peat. My brother contacted some company and they said 34 hectares isnt big enough to start extracting. Any chance they were bullshitting him?
>>
>>1664879
>if you like countryside and have online income
I do like the countryside and have a potential for online income soon.

Also I'm from the southeast in US so I grew up pretty rural and always thought eastern europe was cool. Suppose I'd have to learn the language their though.

>tfw own land w/ forest and swamp currently
>>
File: ap_backyard_gold.jpg (54KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
ap_backyard_gold.jpg
54KB, 608x342px
>>1665308
You're lucky because I was studying geology! But unfortunately I dropped out so I have no idea.
I was thinking about more like pic related.
>>
>>1665318
>tfw own land w/ forest and swamp currently
Cool, do you do something with it? Hunting, fishing, etc?

>Suppose I'd have to learn the language their though.
Hire me and I will translate for you. I also have an increasing online income so if you move here we will turn the East European countryside into the new Silicon Valley. lol
>>
>>1665320
Well, if extraction is done I assume everything will be dug out, including gold and landmines
>>
>>1665330
Yeah, so most of the land is farm land like pecans/pines/some rowcrops and then we have a river that goes through it where there's a lot of forests and what not.
But there is a good bit of hunting and fishing that goes on!

>>1665330
>turn the East European countryside into the new Silicon Valley
I'd be down to chill in EE after make dosh. That'd be area to move and relax in. Maybe the dream will happen one day.
>>
Anyone can tell me about this NORAD thing someone mentioned?
>>
drained swamp you say?
>>
>I have a piece of land in Latvia nobody seemingly wants.
If you buy land there, do you get in fights with the maffia?
Is your little swamp forest surrounded with heavy industry?
Op why is there so much land for sale in the Balkans? Why is this a thing?
>>
>>1665504
*is there a catch?
from what I've read online
about eastern europe in general
that whole region is still recovering from soviet rule / breakup of yugoslavia
After the fall of ussr people moved west to find jobs.
simply because people do not want to live there / no jobs / no opportunities for them?

is that The reason land is relatively cheap there?
>>
>>1665504
Latvia ain't in the Balkans though.
>>
>>1665527
oh
yes
I was thinking
baltic sea/ baltic region.

sorry about that
>>
File: 1390260875576.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1390260875576.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>1664806
Hey there. Eurofag reporting in. (Yes, I know where Laltvia is)

If nobody wants the land, don't sell it. That's simple. Use it, make it more attractive first, then sell it- or hold on to it.

You could for example
-put a fence around it
-buy some reindeers/antilopes/alpaccas
-buy some rifles
-fly some crazy Arabs/Americans/Asians in and let them hunt animals for good cash

or

-you could buy 5000 chickens and sell organic eggs.

or

build houses/lodges and rent them out to hiking freaks.

Lots of things can be done with land, don't sell it if you can't get a good price for it.

Just my two cents.
>>
Hi,

I am actually from Latvia and I'm willing to help you selling the land for a small fee.

Otherwise you can check the market yourself at
https://www.ss.lv/lv/real-estate/plots-and-lands/
>>
>>1665539
There is really alot of wildlife (boars, deers, etc) on it's own, so it's not really that smart to grow some specifically for that purpose. Egg solution requires shitload EU bureauracy. I have some other forest and agricultural land which could be better utilized with money I could get from selling.

And no, mafia is in past. Now you have to pay kick ups or be familiar bureaucrats and so on to get things done (like getting building license, forest cleaning license, etc.)
>>
>>1665546
Are you a realtor? Do you have webpage or anything so I can check it out?
>>
>>1665523
Alot people also sell land cuz they're retarded and buy some shit like bmw x5 for all money.
>>
>>1665303
Google "US NORAD"
>>
>>1666752
Sure, so I need aerospace defence over my swamp to make it sellable?
>>
>>1664806
Burnable turf = peat
>>
>>1664879

nigger there's no such thing as east-central Europe, only western and eastern Europe

t. eastern european
>>
>>1665523

people move from east to the west because they think money falls from the sky in UK while in reality they worked for minimum wage back home and now are slaving for minimum wage in host country also being a second class citizen
>>
stulbais :D latvietis
>>
>>1667995
Nedirssss
>>
File: tumblr_o3045t7unS1tptgooo1_540.jpg (104KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3045t7unS1tptgooo1_540.jpg
104KB, 540x405px
>>1664809
your around 20 years late to the game,prices are sky high for what you get.
>>1664806
Isn't there some kind of eu grant for people who just plant trees in their land?Like grow a forest or something like that.
>>
>>1667379
"Eastern Europe, also East Europe, is the eastern part of the European continent. There is no consensus as to the precise area it refers to, partly because the term has a wide range of geopolitical, geographical, cultural, and socioeconomic connotations."

"East-Central Europe (de. Ostmitteleuropa, fr. Europe médiane) is the region between German-speaking Europe and Russia, Belarus and Ukraine."

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East-central_Europe

I am an Eastern European but I wasn't wrong.
>>
>>1668498
Gotta look into it, but as I mentioned earlier, whatever is suggested there, it'd be better to sell this swamp and invest money to, for example plant trees on other plots me and my family has.
>>
>>1664911
this
>>
>>1664879
>tfw going to inherit a shit load of property in Hungary soon including an apartment building budapest, some meme house in szeged, and some meme house in gardony

Wanna manage it for me, anon?
>>
>>1664806
>which has that burnable turf(dont know in english name for it)

Peat

you have a peat bog.

you could look into seeing if it has a spring and sell spring water. peat water is a key component in what makes scotch whisky so good. no one will buy your water for whisky production, but they might buy spring water.
>>
>>1668572
Sounds interesting, thank you for your offer.
Send me a mail with the details to discuss it in private: [email protected]
>>
>Classified as non agricultural land
I thought that was a Lithuanian thing only?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.