[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /biz/'s opinion on sales jobs? I work full-time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: biznessNYC.jpg (1MB, 1946x3456px) Image search: [Google]
biznessNYC.jpg
1MB, 1946x3456px
What are /biz/'s opinion on sales jobs?

I work full-time in an collections callcenter and it's not too bad, I've learned to be a lot more comfortable talking to people but I kind of want to get a job in sales to learn people skills better and have the opportunity to make a lot more money.

What are biz's thoughts?
>>
As a student I've done door-to-door sales and selling magazine subscriptions to students on campus (standing outside of a lecture hall and just talking to people as they leave/come in.)

For the last job sometimes I give a little 2 minute pitch about what we offer students in a hall with 200 people. So this job grows my social skills, sales skills, and public speaking skills. Beats working at McDonalds. I also make 10 dollar per hour plus 10 dollar commission on every subscription sold.

It would be cool to keep climbing up the sales ladder and selling higher ticket items such as medications or even houses. Actually I love sales but I don't think I'd be able to do it full time.
>>
>call center

How do you do it anon?
>>
Depends on your personality and the company you are selling for.

You need to enjoy the company of people and have fun talking to them. As for the company, it needs to be a good product and they need to care about you and your success.

If all the above fit, yeah sales can be fun.
>>
>>1664425
I've been to real estate school and I couldn't stand it. For one, I hate people. Secondly, with real estate, there's something called the Fair Housing Act and all of this red tape about what you can and can't say or do around a potential buyer/seller.

I'm inherently a racist person and don't really like niggers so I didn't think it would be a good fit for me.

My mother has done collections for over 30 years. I don't know how the fuck someone could have the patience for collections.

I would say get your feet wet in a good high-volume car dealership, work your way up the food chain, and land a job as F&I manager or general manager.
>>
Bump for the fuck of it
>>
>>1664655
Yeah I'm not sure.

I've always done "salesy"-type jobs before but I never did EXCEPTIONALLY well or really directly sold anything. Although it did better me and I want to learn about it more.

You know what I mean? I just having a feeling of being shit but wanting to do it anyways. Not sure how to explain. I started reading articles and stuff on blogging about sales, responses to objections and stuff. Most of it is overlap for inituitive things but also an interesting way to look.
>>
>>1664852
I've done eCommerce on and off since 2011.

Selling things to people that you can't see nor even know is one of the most pain in the ass things around.

You constantly have to worry "okay is their money going to clear? Are they going to be satisfied? If they're not satisfied, what then? What if they leave bad feedback?"

Just so much goes into trying to do well at sales.

Either you will do exceed or you will fail miserably and be like those guys you see at a used car lot pressuring someone for a sale.
>>
>>1664859
>Either you will do exceed or you will fail miserably and be like those guys you see at a used car lot pressuring someone for a sale.

Yeah but I feel like they don't have a pragmatic approach to it.

If I were to work a sales job I'd try MANY different things and jot down notes and the successes/responses/outcomes to various things. Then try to plot it and see what works best after I get a decent samplesize and can draw conclusions.

Then I'd do what statistically works best.

For example I'd document how many times I got a sale (for how much, who the customer was etc) and document what I said. Then I'd see what works best to sell Dildos to old grandmothers for example. Which pitch yields a better response, what greeting works best etc.

Maybe im just crazy but this seems like a great way to approach it.

What got me thinking about this is hearing a podcast that talked about how Websites do something called an "A-B test", where they have two versions of a webpage, and 50% of the time they display one version, 50% the other. And then track and report what the responses were. To see what people liked more.
>>
>>1664866
Yeah that's what they call "bucket testing"

A would be the control and B would be the variation.

If you were to work a sales job, I doubt you'd have time to even recollect your interactivity.

I understand you're good at collections so why not start a collections agency? Think big, not small.
>>
>>1664875
Not really dude, I make a little over minimum wage in a collections callcenter. It's alright, but nothing particularly interesting, or lucrative.

Just working there because "Hey it's full-time and not absolutely terrible". Starting to think about something more now though.

Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I were to works a sales job I'd take a real strong approach to getting results
>>
>>1664880
Look into financial services.

Already got the experience since you worked in collections.

If you're stateside, look for companies like One Main, Lendmark Financial, or One Main Financial.
>>
File: 200% takeo.png (378KB, 574x387px) Image search: [Google]
200% takeo.png
378KB, 574x387px
>>1664655
godDAMMIT I was wanting to get into real estate but hadn't even considered this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.