[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm dual majoring in International Affairs and Computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hyven postnattu.jpg (53KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
hyven postnattu.jpg
53KB, 1000x800px
I'm dual majoring in International Affairs and Computer Science. The first because I like it, the second because I want a job.

Are employers going to throw my resume straight in the trash?
>>
seems like an odd combo, I can't imagine how the 2 would complement each other in a career
>>
>>1664229
But is it a bad thing?
>>
>>1664335
it is, it looks idiotic to be honest from an employers point of view. Why waste time doing something useless? Uni is the same as any other professional school you go there for a REASON not because you like something.
>>
>>1664350
Is there such a variety of CS graduates around that it'd jeopardize me getting a job?
>>
>>1664356
its not about how many graduates there are, but it makes you look immature or uncertain. Especially with the huge gap between fields, kinda a giveaway that you are not into your job. Well, it might be a hole in your CV when you apply for the first job. Like if you were unemployed for 3 years after graduating
>>
>>1664335
It will help you get picked up by a tech firm that works in international markets at a higher position later in life. As of right after you graduate? It won't help much.

>>1664350
This person is mad because they didn't dual major kek
>>
>>1664369
>It will help you get picked up by a tech firm that works in international markets at a higher position later in life. As of right after you graduate? It won't help much.

I get that, I plan on joining the military (trying to commission as an officer, enlisting if that doesn't work) to get good experience and a security clearance.

Also I should note that I started out as an IR major then realized I was gonna be one of those jobless humanities grad fags living with mommy, and I liked CS, so declared it as a second major. Is that a problem? It means IA is my "first" degree but I still satisfied/will satisfy the CS major.
>>
>>1664369
i simply work for a head hunting firm.
>>
Don't listen to these ass clowns. You'll be fine.
Doing both is solid and you can explain that to interviewers and come off as more well rounded.

>Do whatever the fuck you want to do
>>
>>1664197

>I'm dual majoring in International Affairs

The only "international affair" you will ever see in your life is your wife cheating on you with Tyrone.
>>
>>1664512
/thread

OP got rocked.
>>
>>1664512
Heh
>>
>>1664512
>>1664516
Jokes on you, I'm a fag.
>>
>>1664522
your husband cheating on you with Tyrone.*

Better?
>>
>>1664640
Sure
>>
>>1664197
Why international affairs? Do something useful like finance, economics, business...
>>
>>1664197
No, it's a fucking weird mix but so long as you emphasise the CS bit you'll be fine for tech jobs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.