[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried asking /int/ this but their answers were shitty and meme-tier,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1480424056714.jpg (53KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
1480424056714.jpg
53KB, 500x541px
I tried asking /int/ this but their answers were shitty and meme-tier, a little disappointing to say the least.

So /biz/, as an American thinking about living abroad, which is a better language to learn in the current economic situation;

Cantonese of Japanese?

I can see it going both ways as far as pros and cons go.

Cantonese seems like a really useful language, and I'd love to live and work in Kowloon. I worry about the CCP spreading their influence too thickly in that region of the east asia though. Plus I'm pretty vocally anti-communist, and as a white foreigner I'd be scared of "disappearing" one day.

Japan is a much more western nation, but it's population is declining rapidly, so long term I could see it being a bad move for me as well... plus I'd have to deal with people assuming I'm some fucking otaku-ass weeb.

Which would you recommend /biz?
>>
>>1663830
>Live in shitty communist China or westernized capitalist Japan

Both are shitty choices really, but seeing as you want to be a total weeb and only go to asian countries for some reason, I'd say Japan is better.
>>
>>1664208
Also please answer why it must be an asian country.
I'm curious
>>
Economically China is on a big upswing while Japan is on a slow decline. But that is relatively easy since China is decades behind Japan and catching up.

Both countries are very nationalistic, have strict codes of conduct and in general hate foreigners. I still feel as though you might have a better standing in Japan since they're more used to Westeners, plus they are also much more sexually liberated and have no internet censorship.

Quality of life isn't even a fucking question. China sucks and I don't see that turning around. Just the smog alone would be enough to put me off.

Political prospects are very hard to gauge. From an outsider's point of view it seems to be that sooner or later China's system has to collapse. They can't keep a billion people happy, well-fed and employed with central planning forever. But even after an overthrow, they're going to be a powerhouse (perhaps even more so, if they do it right).

So China is definitely going to be the leading power of the future. It's just a matter of time. But it does have severe disatvantages, as noted above. For the more immediate future - let's see what happens in the next decade. It's going to be interesting, especially with Trump in the White House.

I think it's a personal decision you should make on your own. It's going to be the rest of your life - maybe go with your heart? It's going to suck if you end up forever longing for the other choice. And ultimately - why not learn both? Hanzi = Kanji so at least in writing you'd be able to communicate in both places.
>>
standard chinese, the key to learning a language is persistence and finding people to talk to, it will take years to become fluent
>>
if you're asking about learning Cantonese you already outed yourself as not understanding the world at large...

don't bother with either, and just learn Spanish or something.

>plus I'd have to deal with people assuming I'm some fucking otaku-ass weeb.

Because you are
>>
File: lrNHGbS.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
lrNHGbS.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>1663830
Don't go to china boyo
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.