[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi guiz, I'm just starting to learn about investing, haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tesla shares outstanding.jpg (231KB, 1329x711px) Image search: [Google]
tesla shares outstanding.jpg
231KB, 1329x711px
hi guiz,

I'm just starting to learn about investing, haven't actually invested in anything yet, just looking at shit and came across this graph of Tesla's number of shares outstanding dropping to nearly 0 for a day and then coming right back up. Tried to Google for answers but couldn't find anything easily, so I thought I'd see if anybody here could explain what would cause something like this. The only things I'm aware of that are relevant to that date are the end of a quarter and it was the first day they started taking reservations for the Model 3.

Anyone have any ideas?
>>
No clue. I'm retarded about this stuff as well. Hope you find some answers.
>>
no no knows?
>>
>>1663736
no one* even
>>
It's just a glitch, OP. Someone messed up the Excel table for a day.
>>
>>1663741

Lol no shit? I would think someone would have noticed it and fixed it, but I think you may actually be right since I just looked at Tesla's balance sheet for the end of that quarter and the common stock is still in the same range as the surrounding quarters. Weird. Thanks for the response.
>>
>>1663756
No problem, it looks like they just forgot to add the zeros after the 134.
kek
>>
>>1663628
How the hell do the number of outstanding shares change....? I thought the number of shares was always constant except during stock splits?
>>
>>1663808
only way it can change is if they do stock splits or repurchases, but
>the idea of buying back all the outstanding shares

must be a glitch
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.