[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering investing in stocks. I have about 1500 I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: stock-market-3.jpg (589KB, 3300x2475px) Image search: [Google]
stock-market-3.jpg
589KB, 3300x2475px
Considering investing in stocks.

I have about 1500 I'm gonna start off with. Was looking into Uranium mining since there are quite a few plants being planned and begun in the near future. That and the whole industry has been on a downswing for a few years it seems, I figure it's a good time to buy in.

Any suggestions for a first timer? Am I totally off?
>>
>>1663519
i invested in URA. There is a glut of uranium right now and the nuclear power industry will see no real growth for another 10-20 years.

You might make 5% profit when the current glut levels out but nobody cares about nukes right now after Fuckashima and natgas being basically free right now.
>>
>>1663519
Basically I mean the nuke industry will be in a downswing for a long time. You will waste your time and money investing in that sector now. in 10-15 years to tha moon though.

If you like energy invest in shale/oil sands/ off shore rig companies. They've been sucking since the fracking boom but they'll come back harder than ever.
>>
>>1663525

I don't expect immediate gains, but I'd like to see something in the next 3-5 years or so. So U may not be the way to go for me, I appreciate the input man.

Out of curiosity, where do you source your information on investing?
>>
>>1663529

Why do you expect that time frame? What are you basing that off of? And are armaments a bigger driving factor as opposed to energy?
>>
>>1663530
Invest in it 3-5 years from now.

I know because I specialize in the energy sector and I am invested in URA and NUCL and I follow the market. Nuke sector is stagnant nobody is building plants and a lot of plants are recycling/enriching spent fuel. Invest elsewhere and come back to it.
>>
>>1663533
Nuclear weapons use different materials than what is commerically traded around for fuel rods. Also nobody is making them.
>>
>>1663519
Greenland Minerals
>>
>>1663533
I expect that time frame because new reactor designs should have passed regulatory approval, the Fukushima Disaster will have faded more from memory and overall energy prices will increase from the diminishing returns of aupply from the fracking boom.

Also Trump I think is quietly pro-nuclear or at least will loosen regulatory headwinds for the industry at some point. The liberals will get on board the nuke bus when other renewables fail to meet demand and people realize a little bit of radioactive gas release every decade is an acceptable evil if it means keeping the lights on and heat working in the winter.
>>
>>1663545

Y tho

>>1663554

Far out man. That gives me a plan for the future.
>>
>>1663536
This guy knows whats up

Nuclear power is an expensive undertaking and takes decades to get off the ground, given the current market few governments want to take on this risk while "green power" is more popular and much cheaper.

Nuclear weapons are out of the spotlight and a toxic political issue.

Give it another political term and re-assess based on future power demands
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.