[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >fresh out of college and can't find a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1474178128220.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1474178128220.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
>be me
>fresh out of college and can't find a job anywhere
>discover this firm at my careers fair which promises a guaranteed job in top IT and finance companies after completing their "award winning" 2 year training course
>but course costs $20k for 2 years
>read fantastic reviews about them and former grads recommending me to sign up
>I fall for the kool aid, get into $20k debt and sign the contract
>day 1
>firm gives me several self help books to learn from and tells me that IS my training
>mfw several of them are "For Dummies" books
>check price of book on Amazon
>$20
>mfw if I quit I owe them $20k because of the terms of the contract
>mfw If I somehow get kicked out of the course then I lose the $2k deposit I had to initially pay.
>mfw I find out now that there is no guarantee of getting a job at the end of the 2 years even if you pass the course, as it entirely depends on having superior chad networking skills

Is this what indentured servitude feels like?
>>
>>1662533
try r9k
>>
>>1662533
I suppose the age old adage "you can't fix stupid" is true. Let me get this straight OP. You looked for work, and instead of using your alumni network, or at the very worst using a website like Craigslist, you decided that you would PAY 20K to go to a for profit college practically.

OP I seriously hope this is a bait thread
>>
>>1662538
I wish this was bait but now I'm 3 months in and just want to kms already. I'm just going to try to get myself kicked out of the course so I just pay the 2k deposit and be done with it
>>
>paying to work
For how long did you have mental retardation problems OP?
>>
>>1662533
>pay tens of thousands for degree
>don't get a job from it
>repeat process
Kill the recruiters, then yourself. Set an example
>>
What are the books.

Make them obselete by putting out the list
>>
>>1662828
Anything to do with IT and finance. Based on my preferences I got books on Java, project management, accounting and shit
>>
This is fucking brilliant! Thanks anon for giving me an idea. The unemployment rates will only rise and so many suckers to get money from.
>>
>>1662838
pic for proof of thr book time stamp
>>
Assuming you are srs. Ok. You say you can get kicked out and only be out 2K and not owe 20K.

And you're asking what to do?

Go hire a contract lawyer and get his advice to see how to get you off the hook. Contact your state Attorney general. Eat the 2K deposit and 1-2K legal fees to avoid a 20K (more like 30K with juice) debt.

And never never never ever do this again.
>>
>>1662847
Too late. There are big firms already doing this and liaising with universities to bring in more sheep.

>>1662882
Yeah except my parents are not on the same side as me on this. They want me to still finish the course even if I'm not guarenteed a job at the end of it. I think they just don't want to see me in my NEET phase again...
>>
>>1662927
You're parents are fucking retarded. Just get yourself kicked off somehow. Flirt with the women. You have nothign to lose
>>
>>1662927
Then it's going to cost you 20K and 2 years of misery to appease your parents. If you do that you are beyond help.
>>
>>1662533
A fool and his money are soon parted.
>>
>>1662533
Talk to a lawyer there are consumer protection laws against this sort of thing.
>>
>>1663012
If its being recommended by universities and used by big firms, then I'm sure they probably found a legal loophole or something.

Anyway I signed a contract which I should have read more thoroughly. It said if I quit after the introductory period (which was the first 6 weeks) I would be liable to pay 20k worth of damages, which is apparently the worth of the entire training course because they go through "extensive lengths" to plan and prepare for it and buy course materials and equipment for the new cohorts of sheep who sign up.

The only way I can safely quit is to intentionally fail the course but then thats goodbye to the 2k deposit anyway. But my parents won't let me know because they don't want me being unemployed doing nothing again. I travel from home so my expenses are minimal to attend this course anyway.
>>
>>1663028
what the fuck are you saying. Do the fucking course or get kicked out. holy shit
>>
>>1663028
Jesus this is even easier than. Just fail and quit. Eat the 2k deposit. A decent lawyer would charge $250 an hour to fight this. Just stop doing the classes and fail and figure out something else to do to get your parents off your back.
>>
>>1662533
You are a failure of a human being.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.