[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi not sure if this is the correct board but i'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: halp_by_jugger017-d5u0wqf.png (246KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
halp_by_jugger017-d5u0wqf.png
246KB, 480x360px
Hi not sure if this is the correct board but i'm looking for advice with a change my employer made recently.

The company previously had a monthly pay system in place where we would get paid for a month of work on the 7th of each month, this covered the first to the last day of the month and allowed one week for processing, the change they have made now allows them to pay us on every second friday however this doesn't cover a 2 full weeks of work it instead covers the last 2 days of 1 week a full week and then a 5 day period, this coupled with our regulated 2 days off means it's possible for us to lose 4 working days wages. and surprisingly 6 days in a month leaving us short paid

We are a call center so the majority of us are on a salary of £13500 - £16000, management are failing to grasp how badly this is hitting us as they obviously have the extra money to cover this gap.

Thanks in advance and if this is the wrong board can you guys point me the right way?
>>
what?

payday is every other week and it covers a period of 2+7+5=14 days. that aligns, so what are you talking about? maybe make an example?
>>
Yeah, though we work 5 days a week and our 2 days off can vary, so if we work the 5 days before the first 2 and our 2 days off fall within the last 5 days we have 6 days off during a pay fortnight, while we still get paid for the amount we work in the period it leaves us with a shorter pay packet in some months and admittedly a larger in others
>>
>>1661745
>we still get paid for the amount we work
>shorter pay packet in some months and admittedly a larger in others
what you need to do is stop living paycheck to paycheck. keep a month's worth of living expenses in your checking account and this will no longer be a problem for you.
>>
>>1661745
okay, so the new arrangement may shift salaries from one 2 week period into the next, but you still will be paid for the work you do, just maybe a little sooner or a little later?

is that different from what you have now? it seems as though with a bit of finagling towards the beginning and end of the month you could shift up to 4 days around since your days off vary.
>>
>>1661758
As much as i would like to it's difficult when half of your pay goes into rent and other expenses £14k doesn't spend well.
>>
>>1661761
well the problem is those shorter fortnights as it means within a month, i personally go from £490 to £370 in that fortnight with the new arrangement and there is no guarantee of the larger week directly after, it baffles me they didn't cover an actual fortnight with the pay period.
>>
>>1661778
yes, but you are still guaranteed to have 2 fortnights a month, so at least the shifting between those won't matter.

and how would covering a calendar fortnight be any different? it's still a fixed 14 day period. wether it starts on monday or saturday shouldn't make any difference.

i'm sorry, i still don't really get what your complaint is about other than you find the new payment scheme inconvenient. make me grasp "how badly this is hitting us", because right now i don't see a difference in the amount you get paid. right now it seems like an advantage, because under the current regime you'd have to wait a month and seven days to get paid for the word you did on the first day of the month. now you need to wait a maximum of 14 days to see the cash. how is this worse?
>>
>>1661786
Well for example it is possible that i would get paid for 2 days less for the first fortnight for the example this fortnight would cover the 1st-14th getting paid for 2 days less here would leave me with £120 less for this period, later covering the 15th-30th it's then possible to get paid for a normal fortnight this leave us £120 short during that month for me personally after bills that's food money.
>>
>>1661792
okay, theoretically possible for sure, but it's a one-time occurance. since all payment periods are back-to-back you can only "lose" days at the edge.

and i don't get the particular problem with the very first fortnight either. if they switch you over with the 1st, then you'd get your full last month on the 7th, the first two weeks on the 14th and the next two weeks on the 28th, so i don't think you'll be lacking any food money for that particular month...
>>
>>1661807
oh, i forgot - the two days you'd be "losing" on your first fortnight you would have worked more in the last month under the old regime and you'd get a higher pay-out on the 7th, so you're not even theoretically losing money here.
>>
>>1661810
yeah thats fine for the start but as a reliable pay packet, the initial burst is great but with the rest of the year it mean we can't guarantee a full month's pay within the 4 week period and yeah we can have extra pay in another month however if they had simply covered 2 working weeks we would have reliably the same money just half one fortnight and half the next.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.