[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bullshit rich people say >People don't get rich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1287897769616.jpg (28KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
1287897769616.jpg
28KB, 300x354px
ITT: Bullshit rich people say

>People don't get rich because they focus on the money, focus on the job instead and the money will follow.
>mfw
>>
>>1661661
Money is fundamentally about power. If you are powerful, money will follow.
>>
>>1661661
>successful people deny my preconceived notions about them
>must be lying

how bout we make this thread about stupid shit you believe instead?
>>
>>1661664
This I believe. Because it is exactly how my dad got his millions.
>>
>>1661661
>ITT: Bullshit rich people say

ITT bullshit poorfags say about rich people so that they can sleep better at night even though they know deep down inside that they are miserable failures
>>
Most people who are rich think they earned it but the reality is that it was luck. It wouldn't have worked for 99% of people.
>>
You make your own luck. Its really depressing to hear people talk like this. You gotta grab life by the balls and take risks and work hard, thats what i did and its been working. People just dont want to put the work in.
>>
>>1661701
The harder you work the luckier you get.

People think they will have a successful business because they know the numbers and estimates and predictions but it takes blood sweat and tears to meet those goals. 99% of people fail when their plan swerves off course and they can't get it back on path.

People will start a business plan and realize something isn't working. Instead of finding that solution and fixing it they scrap the entire plan and sell the business.
>>
>>1661664
Literally this.
Going after money is going after number 2 on the pyramid where power is the tippity top.
>>
>>1661664
>>1661727
in society we have laws preventing most seizure of power though.
meaning you have to earn it.

which means focus on the job and money (and power) may follow.
>>
>Most overnight successes took 10 years
>>
>>1661710
This 1,000 times.

>Mfw I am a poor wagecuck cuck and had shots of Patron for 3 hours with a guy who sold company for over 10 mill and built one even bigger. Talked about money mostly the whole time. I called him a retarded faggot twice and saved him 10's of thousands with a few tax loopholes I have studied. Then I bought the shots and he laughed saying how rich he was and tried to fork over cash. I called him a retarded faggot for a 3rd time and said if I didn't have money to piss away I wouldnt be at the bar. He smiled and told me to call him when I make my first mill.

Omfg it's nice to be reassuredone about my path in life by people that are rich.

And also have the sacred to turn down his money and call him a faggot several times while everyone else I see wants a job or money. Hell, I actually worked for him 2 months and quit because he is an asshole.

Lol
>>
>>1661717
Amen anon. As someone with a failed trucking business and 2 rental houses losing money this is the only reason I don't eat a shotgun.

Faith.
>>
>>1661928
stick with it. most ventures fail but it only takes one success.
>>
>>1661664
what is power
>>
I'm hosting and promoting a charity concert series with some local bands (and skimming a bit off the top). It's my first time doing something like this, but it won't be the last.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>1662166
power is the leverage you can use on other people
>>
>>1662203
without hiring/firing capability; how exactly does one leverage power over coworkers with regards to projects and teamwork?

do you genuinely have to be a nice guy to sucker them into doing "favors" for you?
>>
>>1662211
Go watch House of Cards son
>>
>>1662225
>I get my life philosophy and economic advice from a Hollywood show
>>
>>1661701
Define "Luck".

If I keep postponing taking my car in for a service, the higher the likelihood of it crapping out on me at the most inconvenient moment, like the morning I need to get to a really important job interview is. Now, it IS bad luck that it happened BEFORE the interview, not on the drive home, the day after, or even two days before hand so I could arrange alternative transport. But my repeated decision to postpone servicing the car put me in a situation more likely to suffer bad luck.

I mean being white, middle class, in a developed country - there's a certain amount of luck there even if I become rich and my parent's aren't college educated, I was still lucky even if I had to work harder than a old money heir to make my millions.

Fuck Luck.

>>1661717
>The harder you work the luckier you get.
Yeah that Trump talk on Success and that golfer is great. Momentum.
>"Hey you just won the tournament, where are you going?"
>"Oh, I'm going to practice"
That changed my perspective on everything!

>>1661802
Picasso and the 10 second caricature.
>I'll pay you 10 bucks for it
>Fuck off!
>But it took you like 10 seconds to draw that?
>It took me 30 years to learn how to draw so well in 10 seconds.

>>1662211
You're literally asking 'how to deal with people'. Here's the short version:
Learn the interpersonal dynamics of the team, the personalities of each member, the animosities/friendships and agendas of each member. Then upset the balance so it swings in the direction most favorable to you.
>>
>>1661661
'Job' implies you work for someone else. Wealthy people are owners and investors. No wealthy person I have ever encountered would say to focus on your job. That's a working class meme.
>>
>"you're poor because you're lazy"
>"paying someone $12/hour is fucking outrageous"
>"bruh looks or money don't matter to girls just be a gentleman"
>"blue collar is for fucking losers"
>>
>it's a good thing that half of the world's wealth belongs to a few dozen people because that news will inspire sweatshop workers making 2 cents an hour to work harder
>>
>>1662906
more like bullshit 4chan says
>>
>Don't even bother getting involved in the stock market, it made me 2.5 million but you're gonna lose everything in the first year.

Fuck you I made 20% my first year.
>>
>>1661926
If you actually call people a 'retarded faggot' IRL you most definitely are not going to make it, sorry buddy.
>>
>>1661661

> work hard
>>
hi
>>
>>1661661
This can be very true, but using it as a blanket statement for all jobs is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1661661
Yeah, clearly me busting my ass to solve problems, working over night at times to meet deadlines, and putting in twice the effort wasn't why I was consistently promoted. It was luck. Purely luck that I got promoted and compensated adequately. Definitely luck that I studied this tech, mastered it, and applied work ethic and discipline to it.

Fucking successful people don't deserve their success, clearly the system is rigged!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.