[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find people to work for my start up? I started an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How do I find people to work for my start up?

I started an enterprise start up, an Archviz business on the back of an established architecture firm. So I got funding, infrastructure, location, enough projects for at least 3 months if not a year.
I offer as much work as one can handle, decent pay and you need comparatively little skills since the software is doing most of the work. You only need to know basic Rhino and Photoshop.

Basically it's the perfect job for architecture students who want to earn some money on the side and gain valuable experience and also play around with new VR gadgets and other new tech that could be useful.

But how do I actually find people to work there? So far I set up a Facebook page and shared a video of one of my projects in the group of my uni. About 1.4k people saw it in their feed and about 450 clicked it. But nobody has applied or even asked any further questions.
What other venues could I use outside of Facebook? Anyone been in the same situation?

I need employees really soon because I'm still in uni myself and can put in maybe 20-30hr/wk tops.
>>
>>1660556
did you remember to say that you're hiring, state the requirements for the position, tell them the pay and hours you're offering, estimate how long the work will last, and give them contact info to apply in private?
>>
>>1660563
I said we're hiring, outlined what the job would entail and what the requirements are. I didn't specify hours and payment on the add tho, and I said to contact/apply to the business on facebook. That might seem a bit unprofessional, but I figured it would be more convenient and persuade more people to apply than the classic processes of sending a portfolio somewhere.

I would like to leave payment to negotiation and not make it public, but I should probably say how much hours I offer and how long a project usually takes. Thanks
>>
artstation dummy

on that note i actually know a guy who is experienced in maya/vray. would you like me to put him in contact with you?
>>
>>1660576
Interesting, I didn't know about artsstation. Looks good to find people outside the architecture field, thanks!

Is your contact based in germany? I'm based near Hannover. Unfortunately, at this point, we can not offer remote contracts, we have to keep some oversight over what leaves the office because of various non disclosure agreements and we also want to keep the work mostly in house for the start to be able to react to changes really fast.
Once we're a bit more established it might be possible to have people working everywhere, but obviously they would need their own hardware and possibly software because of license issues.
>>
>>1660556

Wanted to tell you to hire me and get my that sweet sweet US visa, then read you're based in germany... and now I'm getting cold feet haha. I'm a Berliner who's getting kind of tired of Berlin and the freelance bum life.
>>
>>1660595
hmm germany.. okay.

i know a guy based in the US. other guy that is actually really good is based in poland but works in germany frequently. unfortunately that guy is more of a concept artist.

good luck man!
>>
>>1660627
Thank you! I have a few people already who are interested, but they are currently in the middle of their master thesis and can't start right away. But I'm sure I'll find someone eventually.

>>1660622
We are based in Braunschweig to be precise, and in fact one of the CEOs of the architecture firm is meeting a big client in Berlin every friday. We have also presented some of the realtime 3D visualisation to him and it went greet, 2 weeks later we made 2 short films for him and now there are 2 or 3 projects lined up that need visualizing.

If you're able to create a detailed 3D model, preferable in rhino but anything works desu, from a set of 2D plans and are interested in working in this field, I would be happy to talk further.
Like I said, we can offer full time work and are not going out of business anytime soon.
>>
>>1660556
>Basically it's the perfect job for architecture students who want to earn some money on the side
Have you tried contacting the supervisors at Colleges with Architecture Dep.s? When I went to university they would often send out weekly newsletters with requests of that sort: jobs and opportunities.
>>
I know that when I went looking for work, I always checked out Craigslist. That will def get you applications, but I can't promise they won't all be retards/rapist.
>>
>>1660676
Good idea
Maybe they can link to the fb site as well

Thanks (might have different ID because at office now)

>>1660709
I don't think CL is big here. It exists but it's probably even more rapists and weirdos than in the US
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.