[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take out 20k loan >start e-book business >outline basic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1458272475043.jpg (91KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1458272475043.jpg
91KB, 700x990px
>take out 20k loan
>start e-book business
>outline basic book guidelines then hire pajeets
>spend a bit on branding, nice covers, illustrations etc
>spend a bit on a nice website
>spend a bit on advertising

what can go wrong??? isn't this foolproof if i don't fuck up conceptually with the ebooks?
>>
>what could go wrong

You don't sell anything

Also
>2016
>buying ebooks
>>
>>1659952

really? i thought people buy ebooks all the time??

shit, then what do people buy that you can produce infinitely?
>>
>>1659958
i'm sure people buy ebooks, but not people that frequent this site. I think they're more likely to torrent them. Normies buy ebooks I'm sure, but they use established channels, the googleplay store or the istore or whatever its called on apple. I'm sure amazon sells a lot too.
>>
>>1659958
It's not like you discovered this. There are thousands of shitty self published ebooks out there, how do you stand out without producing any decent literature?
>>
>>1659943
you're going to have to be really special in order to break in to that market, there's already a bunch of well established ebook marketplaces that suck up whatever demand there is
>>
>>1659974

well I wouldn't exactly put out best seller novels. my whole business model would revolve around cohesive branding and targeting of vulnerable niches, I guess.

is this really unrealistic? i remember quite a few threads on here about ebooks as a source of income and the overall impression I got was that it's absolutely potentially profitable. ofc i expect it to be hard work, but what isn't.

>>1659987

yeah that much is clear. makes me wonder wether i should sell from my own site or amazon... probably amazon, right?
>>
>>1659943
you're expecting pajeets to be able to write propert english. thaat is problem.
>>
>>1660132
>is this really unrealistic?
Probably. What you need to do is test demand for your product. Start with one ebook. Or just see how many people will sign up for your mailing list.

The Four Hour Work Week talks a lot about testing. Read that and figure out how it will apply to you.
>>
File: 740full-natalia-vodianova.jpg (660KB, 740x1111px) Image search: [Google]
740full-natalia-vodianova.jpg
660KB, 740x1111px
hmmmmm
How does one pick a niche?!
I could easily smash out a 10,000 word ebook, edited and everything in 5 days but I don't know WTF to write about.

How do you get over the hurdle of people ignoring you because you're not "le expert" or famous already? What's the marketing strategy for that?

Because if I can find a way to get over that hurdle, then shit man, I should have started doing this years ago. I'm great at distilling information and writing.
>>
ahahahahah you are having pajeets write english books? just send your money to me, fucker
>>
Issues
Debt to start
Foreign writers
Amorphous customer acquisition
Biz plan started for your own need, rather than to fulfill customer needs

Start with market research and customer interviews first. Content, branding, and funnell will emerge from there.
>>
>>1659967
Don't forget Chegg and Slugbooks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.