[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >employer is offering me to work 3 days a wk/24

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1363103573857.jpg (46KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
1363103573857.jpg
46KB, 680x684px
>be me
>employer is offering me to work 3 days a wk/24 hrs and pay for my bachelor's in engineering
>do this and be contracted to them for 10 years

what do
>>
>>1659773
Calculate how much you would make with a bachelor's degree in 10 years and decide accordingly

spoiler: They are probably fucking you over
>>
>>1659785
The Department of Education pulls this shit too. Get a masters in education for free, but have to work at a high needs school for 2 year for every year that they pay.

If you like the company or they give nice raises every year, it'll be fine. Otherwise you can hop from company to company every couple of years for +15% salary bumps each time.
>>
>>1659785
>>1659798
I don't have to be contracted if I don't take the money, its 2 years for every $2k+ you take, but I can work part time through my bachelors at 18hr
>>
>>1659809
You know, if you join the military, you can get your bachelor's in engineering from the GI bill, and you only have to be contracted for 3 years. What a bargain compared to your company, lol.
>>
>>1659819
>president chump
>going at china's throat already

also, I thought it was four years of active duty to earn the GI bill, even if it's only 3, 3+5=8 years
>>
>>1659831
That's what the lol is for.

Although if you spend 20 years in the service you get like half your salary for life as retirement. Wouldn't bet on the US keeping that pension by the time your 20 years are up. They might have already gotten rid of it.
>>
>>1659836
I think I'm just gonna do this and see how it goes

can't hurt I don't have to take the tuition reimbursement
>>
>>1659773

10 years is way too fucking long

How much are they going to be paying you each year?

90% of the time you're better off taking loans than doing an extended contract like that, because you'll make more somewhere else than what the tuition worth
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.