[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So basically I'm a freshman in college who's about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: img_side8.jpg (40KB, 265x323px) Image search: [Google]
img_side8.jpg
40KB, 265x323px
So basically I'm a freshman in college who's about to finish his first semester. The thing is I fucking hate it here. Like if I'm fro the full 4 years I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go insane or kill myself or something. I mean I'm a pretty antisocial guy, only have a couple of friends and get no pussy, but thats not even what I hate here. I feel like I have no purpose (not even mentioning all the liberal bullshit here). Like I have even less of an idea of what I want to do once I get out of here. My grades are mediocre at best too but thats besides the point. I want to get out in the real world and actually do something.

Heres where you guys come in. I kind of have this idea of adventuring out to Alaska and starting anew there. Would it be possible for me to enter the fishing, crabbing, or oil drilling (I know these make decent wages) businesses out there with a high school degree and one semester at college? I used to fish on my dad's boat (regular boat not fishing boat) if that counts for anything. And if so how would I go about that?

If anyone has any better suggestion on what I should do in my situation I'd love to hear that too.
>>
>>1659274
I'm almost in your exact situation, bud. Let's see what comes up
>>
>>1659292
We could go up north together and save money on a living space. Also would be nice to know someone beforehand, before I throw my current life.
>>
I used to work in Alaska as a commercial fisherman during summers in college. Would highly reccomend
>>
>>1659331
I'm in another continent. I wish I could just go somewhere and make a humble living without a bunch of useless degrees
>>
>>1659347
To expand on this post, I had a gf from Homer, AK who invited me up for the summer. Started off working in a cannery plant and made some connections there and at the docks. Your best bet is doing that or just talking to captains at the dock to see if they need a deckhand. A lot of people start off with no experience but if you hustle and have a good work ethic you will make it. Honestly some of my best memories are of being a dirtbag fisherman up in Alaska. Go in the spring before the fishing.tourist season starts and ask around for work. Best of luck dude
>>
>>1659360
Seriously thanks a lot for this advice dude.

If I came up there during spring break would that be early enough to find a job?

Also how would I contact the captains? Do they leave their contact information somewhere at the dock or do I need to physically try to meet them? Sorry I'm not really experienced with this. My only other job experience was at a grocery store over the summer once lol.
>>
oil
>>
>>1659740
>what did he mean by this
>>
gold
>>
>>1660000
>quads for this

I'll move out to Alaska right now and do it if someone just just explain

>>what did he mean by this
>>
the real world is over rated
>>
>>1660199
You can move to alaska and work in some capacity extracting gold ore from the earth for use elsewhere

Didnt seem complicated to me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.