[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is finance a meme? I see all this posting about day trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: jewmoney[1].jpg (116KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
jewmoney[1].jpg
116KB, 680x497px
is finance a meme?

I see all this posting about day trading and investing, but I don't understand how anyone could possibly make consistent money. like how do you retards pick stocks? Is it just gut feeling, or do you actually have a sound strategy?
>>
80% index funds, 20% bonds

it really is your best bet
>>
>>1658578
for sure, if I actually had money I would 100 percent do this. What I want to understand is the thought process of people that day trade and make financial bets. Like how do they see it as different from gambling at this point
>>
>>1658579
some are deluded, others openly admit that its just gambling
>>
>>1658582
is there any academic legitimacy to trading though? is it backed up by evidence? A lot of people cite this 2004 study that showed that like 90% of taiwanese day traders lose money
>>
I basically only invest in new companies/startups

Check out the company, weigh up their prospects, look at how they've been doing since IPO. It's hardly a science but it works alright.
>>
>>1658588
There are some stocks with a pattern, it's not really that the pattern would normally exist but because enough people think it exist, it therefore becomes reality.
>>
>>1658576
it is not a meme, but its like a first class service, you can get extra but you have to have money first. All this 1000$ trading is just delusional. Making a business work is much easier than making investment work. Also, a lot of people here are very uneducated and think that investment is only stocks or memecoins, and the occasional Forex trader.
Even banks make more money out of car leasing than trading now, so think about that. They have to result to shit like "cutting costs" to improve profits. CS is promising a billion more and thinks it made a brilliant move, stock rose like 8% yesterday. But thats because of idiots, it is a day trade at best. Think about it, if they can cut 1 billion in costs without fucking their profits up, why did they waste this billion for years? Or if they will end up fucking clients assets because of low man power why would you trust them?
>>
>>1658591
How do I invest into some kebab shop? There's like 5 opening up every year, going great then shutting down for no reason.
Could ride the wave a lil bit.
>>
>>1658727

you gotta get on that $KBAB moon
>>
>>1658727
if you want to invest into an existing shop, go to the shop and buy a kebab, see the name of the company on the receipt. Call up the company and say "hey fucker i want to put down some money in return for profits".
If you want to open one, then try to work for a kebab shop for a week just to see their suppliers, costs and shit. They are usually run by 1-2 people and make the only person handle everything usually.
>>
>>1658578
only answer that will make you consistent money over a long term.
>>
do you even Forex?
I just made $10,000 today on EURUSD
was two big news today.
>>
>>1658576
99% of these kids know NOTHING of personal finance or investing let alone a biz. These faggots are the reason over 90% biz fails and my retarded ass can drop 5k and have a biz making 1-2k average with failsafes to pack out shit and sell if it tanks.

Start studying personal finance and investing and if you have the stomache. How to start buiz/nesses.
>>
>>1658591
Try getting in preparation ipo if u ever become an accredited investor. It's illegal otherwise.
>>
>>1658576
Some people can make money with it, mostly through experience. You wont find those people on /biz/ though.
>>
>>1658576
Sort of, people in the 90/90/90 club are pretty meme (the 90 percent of investors who lose 90% of their money within 90 days). Aka the majority of people you'll find in /biz/.

The 10% who actually succeed make it because they understand that trading is fundamentally about good risk management and understanding proper statistics, not so much about chasing profits. People who don't understand this think trading is akin to gambling but it's not even close.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.