[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If my company doensn't match 401k contributions, should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: how-to-rollover-a-401k.jpg (790KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-rollover-a-401k.jpg
790KB, 3888x2592px
If my company doensn't match 401k contributions, should I ditch it and go with an IRA? If so, any recs for providers?
>>
>>1656052
Depends on how much you are planning to contribute...

Over $5500? Then yes stick with the 401k

IRAs will give you more flexibility as far as investment choices go tho

This advice I have provided is pro-bono. Anything here after I charge 1%
>>
401k is a scam
don't get memed by your employer
>>
>>1656071
a scam by the jews?
>>
>>1656052
If they don't match your contributions, yes, there isn't a reason to go with a company 401k. In most cases a company 401k has a higher fee rating making the contribution match the only good reason to bother with it.

If you think you will be staying at the company a while, roll it over to a personal ira only if you find a company with a better fee rating that has a fund blend that you like. Since the only reason to move your 401k over is for fee reasons at this point, you may as well look at Vanguard.
>>
One benefit a 401k has is you can borrow from it. You can't do that with an IRA.
>>
>>1656195
you know, besides the whole contribution limit thing...
>>
>>1656066
>>1656195
The limits for 401ks and IRAs are separate. You can pack $18k into a 401k (or any combination of 401ks and Roth 401ks) per year and $5500 into an IRA (or any combination of regular or Roth IRAs).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.