[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to NYC from UK // Anyone here living in the center of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1478614005727.jpg (83KB, 497x458px) Image search: [Google]
1478614005727.jpg
83KB, 497x458px
>Moving to NYC from UK with a bachelors in Film.
>Need H-1B sponsorship
>WhatAmIGoingToDo.png

Anyone a Brit in the US/NY? I know the costs for living in Manhattan, but am saving for 4 months rent upfront to stay there no strings attached, with a ticket home ready when I need it.

Never left UK alone, and will be coming out of higher education. It's given me fuck all as you'd expect. I need a city like NY to give me some real life experience, to toughen me up. If the city spits me out, then I'll still come out a different man.

Always been a dream to live in the big apple.
>>
>>1656029
New Yorker here.

Too many blacks
And Jews.
And Chinese now that I think about it.

Anyway I hope you enjoy out shit transit system filled to the brink with people, garbage everywhere and dirty homeless people.

IF YOURE POOR

If you are a rich billionaire philanthropist straight black business man and I get so much pussy it is unbelievable. So much that my tongue is sore and I can't fucking speak.

Pro Tip: Winners take it in the ass kiddo
>>
>>1656029
not gonna happen, anon. don't dream too big.

it's literally impossible. your best bet would be marriage, or find a company with offices in the uk and the us, so after a few years you ask nicely if they can transfer you. or maybe if you have around 130k to study an mba in nyc, then applying for jobs like crazy before they kick you out when your student permit expires, and you find some company willing to sponsor you.

again, not gonna happen. i'm not saying to give up, but i wouldn't count happening.
>>
>>1656029
Why don't you go to California
That's where the wash ups in film usually go

And fuck this city in the ass
Too many niggers
>>
>I need a city like NY to give me some real life experience, to toughen me up. If the city spits me out, then I'll still come out a different man.
>Always been a dream to live in the big apple.
lol kys asspie
>>
>>1656318
>>1656283

how do nigs afford to live in Jew York? isn't it expensive af?

in San Francisco the nig population is dwindling every year
>>
>>1656029
Not sure how much work you can get in NYC.
All the advice I've been told is to go down to Louisiana, Georgia. Maybe even Vancouver Canada if you want to get your foot in the door in the NA film industry because they subsidize Hollywood film productions there. Keep writing your treatments and scripts and climb dat greasy pole, working as a PA or Third Ast. Director. or whatever gig you can get.

Also, wtf would you leave the UK? the UK is like the second best country for film production (Pinewood). You've got Shine Entertainment right on your doorstep... so much Film & TV productions happen there. You'd be crazy to abandon all that for another country without at least having a pile of cash or some sort of professional safteynet, like... I dunno, working for your Uncle's earthmoving business.

t. Ausfag Film Grad.
>>
File: immigration flow chart.jpg (2MB, 2448x1584px) Image search: [Google]
immigration flow chart.jpg
2MB, 2448x1584px
I'm a new yorker, if you want I could answer whatever questions you had. Either ask here or if you wanted you could add me on steam and we could chat a bit there (my username is FAVelour) When you get over here I'll be happy to buy you a beer.

First off though how are you planning to get H-1B sponsorship, you'll need a job offer and a company willing to go through many expensive and time consuming legal hurdles to get you over.
>>
Why the fuck are you moving to a different country without having a job already lined up?

The company that's giving you an offer that's so good you're willing to move to another country to accept it should be the one procuring your visa. If that doesn't apply to you then don't move.
>>
>>1656484
You don't know what food stamps, welfare, and section 8 are?
>>
File: 1442085923698.jpg (70KB, 340x348px) Image search: [Google]
1442085923698.jpg
70KB, 340x348px
>>1656473
>calling it the big apple
I want to kill myself whenever I hear someone call it that
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.