[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your philosophy for either the good or successful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: based_leo.jpg (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
based_leo.jpg
57KB, 800x800px
What's your philosophy for either the good or successful life?

There is advice everywhere but what are the few pieces that cut through the bullshit?
>>
Training to achieve set goals and once they are achieved try and master something else.

If you want to make a film, go make films till your happy with what you can produce and move onto something else.

If you want money and power do that but pick something else along the way, hopeful something that interlocks with each other.
>>
>>1654045
Money isnt everything, Money is the ONLY thing
>>
>>1654045

Money, pussy, drugs/alcohol.

In that order.
>>
>>1654106
>alcohol

when will this meme end
>>
>>1654045
My only "philosophy" is agnosticism, in the sense that my own definition of success or "good life" is one of many.

The pieces of advice that cut through for me:
>Your environment shapes you, but you shape your environment
>You're lucky to be middle class, so quit fucking complain
>Always agree with what a woman says, especially when she's emotional. Whether you intend to keep your word is irrelevant
>Its easy to make friends, so only spend time with people you like
>It's not enough to have goals, but you have to know where to start
I hate Steve Jobs but
>Most of the rules of the world were made by people who were no smarter than you

>>1654060
>If you want to make a film, go make films till your happy with what you can produce and move onto something else.
Fellow Filmmaker here, care to elaborate on that?

I want to counter you with the punchline of my favourite Arnie/John Milius anecdote
>Pain is temporary. Film is forever.
>>
>>1654452
>Fellow Filmmaker here, care to elaborate on that?
It was a random example, you fucking autist.

>I want to counter you with the punchline of my favourite Arnie/John Milius anecdote
Jump into the nearest grease fire
>>
File: bernstein.gif (10KB, 421x422px) Image search: [Google]
bernstein.gif
10KB, 421x422px
>>1654106
>>
File: RealTalk.png (46KB, 641x332px) Image search: [Google]
RealTalk.png
46KB, 641x332px
>>1654505
Wow appropriate reaction there. How long since you last had sex?
>>
I'm a big fan of earl nightingale, look him up on YouTube
>>
>>1654763
There's literally nothing wrong with that. There's nothing outside of hedonism, faggot. You can't be happy without experiencing pleasure, prove me wrong.
All the bullshit religions or philosophies who claim they can help you achieve happiness without having a decent material situation are just that .. bullshit.
>>
>>1655135
great argument
>>
this is the wrong forum for this but here goes

I have a family and I do what is best for my family first, then community, then country. I am motivated to excel and set the example for my family. making more money helps ensure the future of my kids and keeps everyone healthy and happy. obv its not the only thing, but it takes away lots of stress.

Take care of others. put your wife and kids before yourself. Take care of your friends, take care of your house, take care of your neighbors.

Try and bring out the best in people. Be the one people rely on and you will be able to rely on other people, at work and at home.

In my life it has been relationships and hard work that have allowed me to come as far as I have.

also dont stop training / learning.
also stop trying to find ways to work less
also work for free and do favors for as many "powerful" people as possible. I cant stress this enough. I work in IT and did an overhaul of my lawyer's office that cost me about $300 and 5 hours of my time. He in turn has handled a court matter for me to the tune of 4-6 billable hours I would have had to pay for at $350 an hour (1,750$) and he's happy to have that exchange.
I did free labor (2 hours) of an enterprise wifi system at a local 4 star hotel and got 2 nights free at ~250$ a night
Tons of neighbors and other clients owe me favors for if I ever need anything. When my wife had my son I had 3 different neighbors come over and cook big dinners for us without being asked. Spread your help around as much as you can, its worth it almost every time
>>
>>1654045
Good times with good friends.

U never know when anotherone will be found fucking dead...

Other than that keep bad shit to a minimum. Like drugs.

And that fucking potatoe juice I can't live without.

Just try and better yourself each day but also don't stress out and wind up going to the mental health place... also like I did.

Don't kys. Days do get tolerable. even fun if u force it.

Gl anon.
>>
>>1655217
Thanks anon. Made me not want to eat a shotgun for 1 minute of my life. This is who I am trying to become. Not sure when I slipped into such a sad and depressed way of thinking but it's not me.

Just so fucking sick of 2016 shifting on me. Bought to fucking die here...
>>
>>1655217
Take notes weebs
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.