[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I applied to Geico as a claims adjuster in their Management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1bnrSsJNejoQq8lGBDECQroGjPz.jpg (43KB, 342x513px) Image search: [Google]
1bnrSsJNejoQq8lGBDECQroGjPz.jpg
43KB, 342x513px
So I applied to Geico as a claims adjuster in their Management Development Program. It pays 45k a year.

Read up on them. Passed 2 interviews and 2 tests which took 3 weeks to get through.

I applied because I am currently getting my MBA and I want to kill myself. I hate it and I have no desire to do any bullshit MBA job that no one can actually point to--it's all people-networking fuckery that I have no desire to engage in. I also hate accounting, though I passed my accounting classes easily.

I am 28. I have never made more than 10 dollars an hour anywhere, so this would've been a huge boost for me. Naturally after the last interview I was promised I would be called within 3 business days, whether I got the job or not, but no one ever called.

So I called HR with the person I interviewed with. She goes oh you should've been called either way, and I don't make the decision the manager does. I'll let them know

And of course I still haven't been contacted.

I just want a job that pays ~40k in a place with low cost of living like Utah or Oklahoma or Nebraska that doesn't require 10 fucking years experience shoveling dogshit, which this job didn't and I perfectly qualified for it.

I have a bachelor's and 1 semester of MBA with finance classes. What else do I qualify for? I will relocate to any job that doesn't make me want to kill myself. The only recommendation I had was insurance work, and I applied to Allstate, Farmers, Gecio, and only got the callback from Geico.

What else can I do?
>>
>>1652507
thanks biz you're always there for me
>>
Why are you getting an MBA to make 45k a year? You could just network and try and get a job in insurance without the time and money lost in doing an MBA.
>>
>>1652632
I am dropping out to try to make that. I haven't dropped out because I haven't gotten the job.

I thought I made it pretty fucking clear I'm not going to autist-network my way into some job, so I am GOING to attempt to get a job WHILST maintaining my status as a student in case FINDING A JOB doesn't work out for me

I'd love to finish my MBA and make tons of money. But I'm going to a state school that is unimpressive and I don't network.
>>
>>1652634
Dont purse the MBA if you hate it....
>>
>>1652634
Shit man, im in the same boat you are. Don't really know what to tell you. Im starting my second day at a construction job after just graduating in the spring with a ba
>>
>>1652636
k let me drop out now and not have any financial aid to live

good idea

maybe I could pick up a 20 hour shift at the local hotel for 8.75 an hour. That'd really pay the bills.
>>
>>1652640

Move to a city and get a job there, then after working move to some rural area and apply to another job. Most rural-area jobs are going to be given to some 50 year old jerkoff who's been doing it because you need to be able to essentially just run the office yourself.

It helps if your degree is in something not completely retarded
>>
>>1652655
holy shit why didn't I think of that
simply move to a city and get a job there

increase your cost of living 3x and simply get a job in the city! holy shit fuck this I'm out
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.