[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work 5-6 days a week (usually get weekends off. Work 2 saturdays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1476257854027.jpg (34KB, 720x295px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476257854027.jpg
34KB, 720x295px
I work 5-6 days a week (usually get weekends off. Work 2 saturdays a month) killing bugs. I make about $36,000 annually (before taxes) however exterminator companies generally pay the same forever. (No raises to pay, bonuses are few and far in between)

I have six months of experience being an exterminator and about a year and a half total of customer service experience not including being an exterminator (service mostly residences so deal with customers a lot). I would like to move into something more stable and make at least $40,000 annually in about a year. What is the quickest and easiest field I can pursue where I can expect similar hours and that pay boost?
>>
>>1652325
Where do you live?
>>
You'd make a whole lot more than 40k if you started your own exterminator business.
>>
>>1652329
Washington
>>
>>1652330
If that is the case, how would I go about pursuing a small business loan successfully? I have actually thought of this and figured I would need AT LEAST $20,000 to start up, however I haven't done all the finances down to the finest details to figure out if I am off or dead on
>>
>>1652338
be an airplane assembly person boeing is out there
>>
>>1652325

Start your own.

This is the tile guy, and I did exactly that.
>>
>>1652341

What do you need $20k for?

Don't you just need some pesticide gear? How much could that possibly cost? A few hundred bucks?
>>
>>1652376
pretty much this.

I've seen people start carpet cleaning companies with a thousand dollars worth of used gear.

only problem I see with OP's situation is he may not be able to keep his regular job while he's growing his new biz. If you don't have startup capital you'd need a job to pay the bills while you get things rolling.
>>
>>1652376
what did you do, tileguy?
did you work for your tile-boss while you were getting clients? Did you take clients from him?

just curious. I'm janitorial dude, I was working in a cafeteria while I got my company up and running. So no real conflict of interest aside from a burning desire to charge my boss $75 per hour every time she asked me to clean something.
>>
>>1652376
>>1652384
This is OP, basically this. I would need full devotion to my startup and just in case things do not go so smooth, a little backup cash.

To answer the question about cost, I would need a vehicle, Washington has weird rules about what types of cars can and cannot carry pesticide, as well as a bunch of expensive licenses required for myself. On top of that pesticide and the equipment to apply it is much pricier than one thinks. I do appreciate the advice and will look into cutting costs, as I have said I do need to write out a spreadsheet to get an exact number.
>>
>>1652408
Depending on your credit an SBA loan of $20k wouldn't be hard to get. Especially in a field you have solid experience in. Even easier if it's backed by equipment they can take as collateral.
>>
>>1652392

So I set it in my mind after a particularly shitty day.

I decided I would build my project, work on getting clients, and if the boss found out so be it.

I bout my gear (about $2k)
Printed up business cards and flyers
Had a website made ($500)
Made a bunch of social media accounts
Got an LLC and a business bank account

The day I booked my first customer I called my boss and quit. I did not look back. Just worked hard to get customers and made it happen.
>>
>>1652408

> regulations

I can't speak for pest control, but I see way too many anons afraid of the "what ifs".

Most things in business, the government will just ask you to make corrections and there isn't even a fine. Taxes are a good example.

Fake it till you make it is real. If you can make money, and then after a few months become legit, then there's nothing wrong with that. Don't be afraid.

I remember some anon a while back who said his construction company does millions a year and he does not even have a general liability policy. Now that is not giving a fuck.
>>
>>1652432
nice.
quitting day feels great. Actually most of the days after quitting are pretty good too.
>>
>>1652435
I agree, I will look into it. Pesticide is the biggest expense I am looking at and I am already licensed to apply chemicals. I am very uneducated in entrepeneurship so I am just a little uneasy when I see all the $$$ it will cost, time to stop worrying about the 'what ifs' though I suppose

Thanks for the advice
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.