[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm an engineer at a top 15 school in the United States.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 105x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 105x160px
i'm an engineer at a top 15 school in the United States. i read "The Quants" by Scott Patterson and "More Money Than God", and I really like the feeling of a financial market. Is there any books to get me started on economics and financial markets? I've seriously been considering switching out of engineering for a long time now.

thank you!
>>
>>1651828
Don't read books. Just start trading and investing with money that you can afford to with. That is the only way anyone learns. You have to lose to learn a lesson.
>>
>>1651828
Or download an app like the stock market game or uptick or whatever so you can get acquainted with trading without using real money, then, when you think you're ready download robinhood and start trading forreal
>>
i deff recommend Tim Sykes' "How to Make Millions" DVD. Yea it's a couple hundred dollars but it's a way to learn a lot in a really short time and avoid costly mistakes.

Or just watch his videos on YouTube for free but the DVD is something else man
>>
>>1651888
>spend hundreds of dollars on a DVD that promises to make you rich
What is he paying you to shill that here?
>>
Why do so many engineers want to get out of engineering?
>>
>>1651828
Don't listen to anyone who tells you to study some finance voodoo, except for Options by Hull, you will only waste your years of math learning. What you should instead do is learn to make models, you will get to work buy-side, earn more money and work less hours.

Go on plebbit and find algotrading and machinelearning subs and start there. They both recommend the book An Introduction to Statistical Learning, which you get for free online.
>>
>>1652937
Engineering is the new Lib Arts. Instead of learning to think like a fag you learn to think analytically and apply it to other disciplines
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>1651923
>Mfw I'm spending about 15k on a vacation and 2 rich dad classes.

Everyone talks shit but I have yet to be steered wrong by him. I also haven't seen anyone here take a single class but then talk shit non stop.
>>
Don't switch unless you're in a top tier business school. Finance MDs love to suck engineering majors dicks

Also related feel, the financial world is so damn good. Welcome
>>
>>1651828
Just take some Econ/finance classes at your school if you go to such a good one anon.
Better way of learning, and the professors can give you recommendations for much higher quality books than we can.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.