[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally convinced my parents to stop pressuring me to move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I finally convinced my parents to stop pressuring me to move out by saying I'm saving to buy a boat because I want to start a charter service business. When in reality I just want to fish on my days off.

How realistic is it to make money off a charter service? I plan on buying a 22' boat. Do people really pay $200-400 a day to take them out fishing? What about a commercial fishing license?
>>
So after doing some research, people actually do pay for this and it's quite popular. Typical rates are $500-600 for a 8 hour trip. Summers would probably be busy every day.
>>
Consider maritime academy.
Cheap and easy where do you live?
Private ferries would be interesting but much higher capital cost
>>
>>1651518
Virginia Beach
>>
I run a car service. Its the same thing in a lot of ways, so here's a bit of advice.

Is there money in fishing and diving charters? No fucking doubt.
But its not all profit and relaxing in the sun either. If you think this is a business for retired people you couldn't be more wrong.

The cost of the boat will not even be half of your operating expenditure.
Remember things like fuel, boat maintenance, licenses, and equipment like fish finders, safety equipment, tackle, rods and reels, tow vehicle, marketing, marina fees and administration and hundreds of other little things that you haven't thought of.

Remember this is a seasonal business.
Late summer is usually the most popular with seasoned fishermen, and late spring early summer with wreck divers.

Also, people kind of expect to be going on a proper go fast sport fisher with two inboard V8s, not some little thing with a 120hp Mercury where people have to constantly bump into each other and uses up hours of fishing time to get to a good offshore spot.

Most of these types of businesses are run by a husband and wife team. The wife doing all the office and cleaning duties, and the husband the actual fishing bit.

You can't do it by yourself. You will burn out if you try.
It takes at least an hour to clean a small boat after the clients are done with it. Then you get to go home and answer emails and put on your sunburn cream.

I'm basically telling you this so you don't jump into a business only to find out its something completely different to what you expected.
>>
>>1651727
This guy is smart.

OP don't forget that the setup costs in terms of getting licensed, inspected, etc will be high.

You'll probably need a bank loan and therefore a solid business plan . Make a ltd company out of the idea so you don't lose anything when it goes belly up
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.