[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congratulions, /biz/. Your great-uncle Bertram just died and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: landlandland.jpg (65KB, 549x412px) Image search: [Google]
landlandland.jpg
65KB, 549x412px
Congratulions, /biz/. Your great-uncle Bertram just died and left you with 1,000 acres of west Texas real estate. Property taxes are due soon. What do you do with the land?

Hard mode: you respect your uncle too much to sell the land outright.
>>
>>1651081
Pay the taxes then
>>
>>1651081
>1,000 acres of west Texas real estate.
pfft
what's that worth, $500?

probably stinks of landfills, sewage treatment plants, and feedlots. Smells like the inside of a butt.

Pay the taxes and turn it into a feedlot/landfill/sewage treatment plant.

maybe put up a liquor store and a high school if it's a dry county.
>>
>>1651153
there's literally nothing wrong with feedlots
>>
>>1651081
plant the whole 1000 with lavender fields, raise escargot. flood the market, then take backroom deal from French politicians because their country is going bankrupt as i have more snails than their entire country.

That's how you topple the Snailshell of Cards
>>
>>1651081
Pay the taxes and sell the land. Reinvest the money somewhere else.
>>
Trick question. The land is farmland. Farmland doesn't owe real estate taxes. Shit.
>>
I'd pay the taxes, take a loan on the land, and invest the money into cashflowing investments.

Then take the cash flow and repay the loan with that.

Repeat ad infinitum.
>>
>>1651081
Search for oil.

Build oil rigs.

Put solar panels in spaces not occupied by oil rigs.
>>
>>1651159
france has tons of debt, is losing money and they will guillotine you if you push austerity, good job
>>
>>1651165
I wish...
>>
subdivide into quarters, keep one for self, live off interest of profits
>>
>>1651624
Best answer
>>
>>1651081
solar farm. tax break, keep land and produce a product to sell. west Texas land is shit. unless you do sheep farming for the tax write off. but all depends on how much $$ I have at the time
>>
Wait for the next oil boom
>>
>>1651081
pay the taxes and lease the land
>>
>>1651081
look for oil.
>>
>>1652287

Is solar honestly even viable? Wind was a total meme.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.