[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was this guy a complete asshole? Cause that's what people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Steve_Jobs.jpg (2MB, 3259x3194px) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Jobs.jpg
2MB, 3259x3194px
So was this guy a complete asshole?

Cause that's what people have said about him.
>>
>>1650926
Unless you made him money, you were seen as trash in his eyes
>>
How is this even a question? Yes.
He screamed at employees. Asked for untenable deadlines. Would argue viciously with employees and then if they were right, would come back a week later parroting their ideas as his own.
He didn't financially support his illegitimate daughter while still naming one of his products after her. Denied his closest friend stock options in Apple's IPO, not to mention a lot of people who contributed early to the company.

Underplayed the suicides at Foxconn. Was enough of an egoist to attach his little cult-company to images of Ghandi and Einstein. Locked people into stupid propriety models and then claimed it was the technology for "creatives" (hint: all great artists MODIFY their tools).

He did a lot of magnanimous things too, but by all accounts he was an asshole. And the thing is: he didn't need to be. There are plenty of executives who have achieved what he did without being Bullies.
>>
>>1650926

>exploited child labor for profit
>not an asshole

pick only one
>>
>>1650934

That's what I thought.

Shame that he'll be looked at as an icon/hero type when he was so selfish and cruel.
>>
>>1650934
You forgot the not listening to doctors at first and treating the cancer holistically, then cried and yelled at them when it was too late.
>>
>>1650934
This

And Apple continues today to prove to be the most Anti-Consumer tech company of all time. Soldering everything down in their laptops so as to literally be impossible to repair or upgrade yourself, the most blatant and insulting planned obsolesce of all time in their phones and tablets.
>>
>>1651031
Normies still think he is some kind of hero and innovator
>>
steve was a fag
>>
>>1651031
Famous people are only human.

>>1651039
>You forgot the not listening to doctors at first and treating the cancer holistically, then cried and yelled at them when it was too late.
I didn't forget that. That shit's just funny.
The most famous Technological Evangelist of all time thought FRUIT and a frutarian diet was more effective than surgery.

Icarus at least attached feathers to his wax.

>>1651043
> the most blatant and insulting planned obsolesce of all time in their phones and tablets.
Yep! And yet how many Vegans and Prius/Tesla Drivers still buy them? I thought they CARE about the environment.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.