[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you donate? I never did until one day I bought a book through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0485.png (105KB, 577x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.png
105KB, 577x373px
Do you donate?
I never did until one day I bought a book through my local library affiliate link. Felt good. Today, I was very tempted to donate to Wikipedia.
I'm considering setting small amount of money aside for when I feel like donating/supporting something. What do you think of this idea? How much would you set aside? What do you think of donating in general?
>>
My family does it for tax exemptions. Income tax is too much so we donate a shit ton of furniture, old shoes, clothes and electronics. Just make sure you keep the receipt for proof.
>>
I donate to Buddhist groups.
>>
I gave 20 bucks to a bum on the street once. I wouldn't normally do that but I was impressed with this guy because he straight-up told me he was an alcoholic and wanted to buy a bottle.
>>
I run my cars into the ground and then donate them when I am done-about to donate a Chevy Cruze with 120k miles to Wounded Warriors.
>>
>>1650819

I sometimes buy beers for the bums begging outside the grocery stores.
>>
>>1650911
jokes on you, he used that money to buy a suit
>>
File: 1478131797556.jpg (734KB, 3280x4928px) Image search: [Google]
1478131797556.jpg
734KB, 3280x4928px
>>1650819

I donate my time and my money to community service projects. Currently I'm helping landscape a single mothers home (the husband died, It's now just her and 3 kids) and rebuild multiple projects on her home.

Attending church, giving, all that stuff, you don't neccesarily need to believe in the man in the sky, but it just feels right. And you will benefit from it. I know that sounds crazy, but in some ways the more giving I have become the more I have succeeded in business.
>>
>>1650911

This I would not do.
>>
>>1650935
That's pretty awesome of you.
I would like to do something like this too, not just donate money.
Is joining a church the only way?
>>
>>1650819
I don't donate any money because I am a university student with difficulty finding a scholarship.

I do donate my time by picking up trash around campus every now and then.
>>
>>1651327

In my opinion yes. Church's vet situations and peoples needs so they find good projects and not fakers and assholes.

But yeah. Id do a more liberal one like Methodist or church of God. The gains are in group activities and meetings, not really the Sunday service.
>>
>>1651600

When I was broke I donated nothing.

A drowning man must rescue himself first before considering others.
>>
>>1650819
i donate to foodshare, and give old clothes to goodwill
>>
>>1651618
>A drowning man must rescue himself first before considering others.
I see where you're coming from. Most of the reason I pick up trash around campus is because it really pisses me off how much their is on the ground. Is it really that hard for people to hold onto it until they find one of the many trash cans spread throughout the campus?
>>
>>1651618
No one has gone poor by giving.
>>
>>1651778
>"gib moar"
>has "nig" in ID
Checks out
>>
I donate to a couple of charities but only because my current account only pays interest if I have at least two direct debits set up.

Otherwise I donate to Wikipedia whenever the begging screen pops up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.