[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly did he fuck up Asia's economy I don't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1468878611280.jpg (54KB, 724x489px) Image search: [Google]
1468878611280.jpg
54KB, 724x489px
How exactly did he fuck up Asia's economy I don't really get what he did
>>
he invested in short term assets and then pulled them all out quickly and at the beginning showings of any market turbalance , and because he has so much money and influence involved with his investments other investors followed crashing the market, he did the same thing in england pretty much . he shorts on currencys
>>
>>1649932

The thing you gotta remember is that he shorts currencies that are overpriced and arbitrarily set by governments (eg. Thailand)

> Borrow immediately sell currency (Thai Baht) to the market
> Thailand has to keep buying these excess Baht to maintain arbitrarily high price
> Their reserves of foreign currency (mostly USD I'd assume) are depleted
> Thailand can't keep buying all these Baht, so they are forced to allow a market determined FX rate for Baht
> Baht is now worth less than what it was originally
> Soros rebuys the currency for less and pockets the difference

So to make billions he basically fucks up a currencies exchange rate for his own personal gain. What a cunt.
>>
>>1649932
Basically, he outmuscles countries with small dollar reserves.
>>
>>1649942
>>1649945
>>1649951

In essence, it's the purest form of activism.
>>
>>1649945
whats wrong with doing stuff for personal gain? i don't think that's being a cunt
>>
>>1650466
autism
>>
>>1649932
>>1649942
>>1649945
The Thai baht would've come down anyway. Soros exploits market inefficiencies.
>>
>>1650754
And uses his billions to fund liberal agitation world wide.

He's a bit of a cunt.
>>
>>1650466
fucking up a countries economies to add to your billions? Yeah. that's a bit of a cunt move
>>
>>1650761
You mean protests? What's wrong with that? Not every country in the world is a functioning democracy.

You also forgot the 2.6 billion dollars spent on education and 730 million spent on healthcare since it started. Just this year he spent 300 million. That's a lot of captial for a supposed greedy, selfish bastard.
>>
What is he listening to, /biz/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds
>>
>>1649932
If disney star ever do a prequel/reboot star wars featuring a (non-cgi) young Jabba the hut, Soros would be perfect.
>>
>>1650923
But in the long run his actions tend to help the countries he gets rich at the expense of, as his actions provoke them into making changes to stop others doing likewise. A floating Baht is good for Thailand. And were it not for his actions, Britain would almost certainly have made the catastrophic move of joining the Euro.

The one exception to this is Malaysia, where the Ringgit, though a bit overvalued, was already floating and the government overreacted, ultimately doing far more damage than Soros himself.
>>
>>1650986
https://www.rt.com/usa/366579-soros-orgs-driving-trump-protests/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-20/leaked-memo-proves-soros-ruled-ukraine-2014-minutes-%E2%80%9Cbreakfast-us-ambassador-pyatt%E2%80%9D

http://russia-insider.com/en/2015/01/09/2289
>>
File: IMG_0286.png (1MB, 1320x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.png
1MB, 1320x684px
>>1651291
I went to a protest and wasn't paid.

Trump is a horrible president, and only idiots would like him.
>>
File: proof.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>1651291
>rt.com
>zerohedge.com
>russia-insider.com
All of those sources are literally run by the Kremlin, they're still butthurt he helped bring down the eastern bloc
>>
>>1651254
Exactly, LOL
>>
>>1651448
he isnt even president yet and he has saved 1100 jobs from going to mexico
>>
>>1651291
You might as well post Lord of the Rings as a source.
>>
>>1650986
It's literally the most common form of tax evasion
>>
>>1651709
Tax credits reduce the amount of taxable income. If I make 1000 and donate 100 my taxable incomes becomes 900. Assuming was taxed at 35% my tax is 315, versus 350 if I didn't donate. So I lose 35. The only way I could just break even was if the tax rate was 100%.
>>
>>1651709
>tax evasion

Tax-deductible donations are not a 1:1 trade. It's a total loss for the government but the person donating basically just takes a discounted loss.

>Earn $100,000
>Make TD donation for $10,000
>Owe tax only on $90,000
>Pay it

Versus

>Earn $100,000
>Don't make TD donation
>Owe tax on all $100,000
>pay it

The latter allows you to pocket more money in the end but you also give more to the government. Some of these people are so fucking sick of giving money to the government that they would rather lose even more money just to keep as much of it as possible away from the government.

Of course, this is ignoring the fact that most of these wealthy elites are just donating to tax deductible organizations that they own or are affiliated with so it's more or less an internal transfer of money.
>>
>>1649932
I hate that motherfucker so much
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.