[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I study econ? It seems to be the only thing of academic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1479760351149.jpg (58KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1479760351149.jpg
58KB, 540x531px
Should I study econ? It seems to be the only thing of academic value I have a cursory interest in.
>>
>>1649184
My study starts in Februari, finance/accounting not sure yet. It's not like a passion of mine but highly more interested in it compared to other studies. It's a solid pick careerwise from where I live (Europe). IT seems interesting too, or maybe just becouse of Mr. Robot. But doing 40+ hours a week coding is not my cup of tea.
>>
>>1649184
econ, stats, and computer science

combo these three together and never go unemployed

you don't even need that much comp sci or stats
>>
You can study it for free on the internet. Why pay thousands of dollars to study something that you can get for free and doesnt have very good job prospects unless you want to be in school for the next half a decade?
>>
>>1649184
I'm very objective based, so your real question is: >What job would I most enjoy/not kill myself working in?
Then pick a degree based on that. If you need adegree at all.

>>1649623
>Why pay thousands of dollars to study something that you can get for free and doesnt have very good job prospects unless you want to be in school for the next half a decade?
The need for a certificate to get jobs. The motivation that comes from physically having to study somewhere. The access to tutors and lecturers who can offer personalized opinions and advice.

Really though it's the structure. I'm the kind of person who needs external structure or I go all over the place. But other people with good self-discipline probably don't.
>>
Is getting just a Bachelor's in Mathematics good/better than studying Econ/Finance? If not, would getting a Bachelor's in Matheatics and getting an MBA good?
>>
What jobs? Being an economics professor?

You might as well major in philosophy or political science or some other worthless degree.

Don't expect to become an analyst or w/e unless you get a minor in accounting.

I'm sincerely advising you, if you truly want to major in economics and spend tens of thousands of dollars on it, then actually do the economic research on whether it's a degree worth getting for what you want to do with your life
>>
Guyyys how are you going to be economists and you don't even do the research on stuff that you're about to spend tens or HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars on??

Economics: worthless
Finance: worthless
MBA: waaaaaay overpriced
(only caveat is if your dad owns the company and makes a condition that you get an MBA to become an executive of that company or you're cool being a professor or w/e)

Seriously guys save your money. If you really want to blow tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, buy property now that Trump is President and make money off the rent. It'll be more beneficial than those degrees
>>
Btw i'm from Burgerland so i can only speak about the situation over here
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.