[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is high school a meme? >go to some shitty 80% acceptance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

is high school a meme?

>go to some shitty 80% acceptance rate college freshman year
>transfer to good state school sophomore year because its easy and spend about 45k for 3 years
>have less debt than 100% of other kids who to to some decent out of state college for 160k for 4 years

Literally what is the point to high school
>>
>>1649161
what is the point of a min wage job when your living at home and all your expenses are paid for? experience and conditioning. high school teaches you how to try hard and if you didnt try you basically fucked yourself because you arent going to want to try in college let alone at your job.
>>
>>1649188
i did try, its just nowadays to go to a good college you have to be excellent. insane classes, great grades. so much comp, i get there is for jobs too, but transferring soph year is ez
>>
File: IMG_0813.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1649194

Stop questioning it and deal with it. It's a flawed and shit system in some ways, yes.

That does not change the fact that the majority of your initial employers and companies etc (the place you'll get any starter capital if your like most people) will want you to have basic level qualifications to prove you simply have that drive and determination to learn.

Unless your know for a fact that your time spent not in high school or college will yield you better results in the long run then don't dropout etc. Don't worry though I'm not assuming you want to dropout, it's just a fair point against it. Unless there is a severe other factor like health or mental health etc. that's always different ofc

Unless you know 100% what you want to do and how to achieve it, it's worth just staying in school and living that high school and college experience.

This is coming from a high school dropout. I now work in tech doing software dev, along with some investing, trading, real estate etc. :)
>>
>>1649161
Come on, public high school sucks yes, but you need to get through it. Otherwise, not even McDonalds will take you. If you hate it so much work hard and send your kids to private school. Parents did this and I plan on doing the same thing.
>>
>>1649161
No point to HS, Op. CC IS the new HS.

It might as well be free, you can already write off majority of cc tuition on your tax returns
>>
No one other than the university admissions officer will ever check your highschool grades, and I've never even heard of an employer bothering to verify whether applicants have graduated highschool at all. And it really doesn't matter what university you go to, don't listen to what anyone here says it is all horse shit. I only went to highschool for the weed and pussy and everything worked out fine for me. Just make sure that if you aren't naturally good at maths you pay attention to that shit, you cant do anything meaningful without it and it will be a lot harder to learn later.
>>
>>1649188
High school fucked me cause I didn't have to try, APs and all it was so fucking simple. What it doesn't prepare you for is the size of the world we live in, the most intelligent person at any given high school has millions of people in existence smarter than them
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.