[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a 19 year old ME student and I have recently come into $10,000.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 14131_eightbit.jpg (553KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
14131_eightbit.jpg
553KB, 1600x1600px
I am a 19 year old ME student and I have recently come into $10,000.

What should I do with the money?
This is my first time on the board be gentle with me.
>>
>>1647141
Welcome friend, do you currently have a portfolio?
>>
buy bitcoin, its only gonna go up
>>
>>1647145
I should probably get one?
Idk what it is
>>
>>1647141
Buy ETF index fund tracking the S&P 500 and forget about it for the next 10 years.
>>
>>1647147
Even with zero knowledge of investment.
That seems like a bad idea
>>
>>1647157
Like do you do any investing, do you have a broker or do you invest yourself or anything? Also do you have any debt?
>>
>>1647162
No investments
No debt

Im very much new to the game
>>
>>1647165
It's not a game and you absolutely shouldn't take financial advice from 4chan.

when you inevitably lose all your money listening to anons here they'll laugh at you and say that's what you get for taking advice off of 4chan.

just walk away. Your drunk uncle will give you better guidance than most of the kids here can.
>>
>>1647141
Put it in the bank until you learn what to do with it. If you don't have a clue don't go throwing around dipshit. Have like 5 seconds of patience and learn about budgeting, saving for retirement, etc. I've heard the expression of money burning a hole in your pocket but damn. Slow down
>>
>>1647189
Calm down retard he was asking how to invest it not Where to get hookers and Cocaine
>>
>>1647141
Educate yourself so you know what your getting into.
>>
>>1647165
>Im very much new to the game
Then listen to these two:
>>1647153
>>1647172
Anon 2 is right about taking advice from here.
Anon 1 is right about the best possible investment for beginners, as it combines stability with a better return than a bank (translated, he's telling you to ride the stock market long term). While this does have a low chance of going bad when you need it, the time frame helps enormously, and the number of people involved make it a better call than trying to time anything else.
>>
Im not trying to make a crazy win

I just want to lesrn about stable long term investment
>>
>>1647153
This. Best buy vanguard.
//Thread
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.