[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are sales training courses worth it? I am shy and no people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Are sales training courses worth it?

I am shy and no people skills. I want to start businesses. Will they work?
>>
>>1645918
Sure will. I quit after 2 weeks selling windows because I didn't wanna lie to people. But it is a smart move. Especially if u can get paid training and kiss ass to the guys making a good living at it. Blindly do what they say. Kinda like hitting on chick's bro. Cockiness is a killer but confidence is key. Even if u gotta fake it like I do. Go for it
>>
working with customers is the shittiest job on the planet
for every good one you will get dozens of morons
>>
Are there any different systems or types of courses about?
I've got good social skills, loads of friends, but suck SUCK at getting people to give me money for stuff.

The more I read, the more I get the vibe that salesmanship and deal-making are two sides of the same coin. That if you're good at negotiating, you're good at sales, vice versa. True?

I'm about to start up a small business selling intangible goods, what kind of sales-skills should I be upskilling first? Where do I find resources to learn them?
>>
just sign up for a toastmaster's class

pretty sure it's free
>>
no.

you learn sales by selling.

> Salesman of 3 years
>>
You will learn more about sales by selling. Torrent jordan belfort stuff. Consider getting a sales job just to learn from a performer and get some real rejections and closes. It will suck. You will want to vomit. Stick with it and you will become a beter person.
>>
>>1647784
I'm in sales too. Straight commission. It's the easiest job I've ever had while also being the hardest job I've ever had.
>>
File: cm punk benoit sad tribute.png (631KB, 898x670px) Image search: [Google]
cm punk benoit sad tribute.png
631KB, 898x670px
>WHAT CAN I SAY THAT CAN GET YOU TO BUY ____ TODAY?
>HELLO MR PROSPECT, IF I COULD SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY, WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
>HELLO MR PROSPECT, NICE FISH ON THE WALL, IS THAT PICTURE YOU WITH YOUR KIDS? A VACATION IN IDAHO? PLEASE TELL ME MORE
>IF I COULD INCREASE EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY WHILE ALSO DECREASING COSTS, WOULD THAT BE SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT

and of course the all-time great with a 100% success chance

>I'M IN YOUR AREA NEXT WEEK, DOES TUESDAY OR THURSDAY WORK BETTER FOR YOU?
>UH OH, this first year sales rep just worked me, he only gave me two options so now I guess I HAVE to pick one!

Uhh... Thursday?

>GREAT, DOES 2 O CLOCK OR 3 O CLOCK WORK BETTER FOR YOU?

.... 2?

>GREAT! THANKS MR PROSPECT, SEE YOU NEXT THURSDAY AT 2

sales is great OP. nothing like going to the movies in the middle of your day, or going golfing, or going to sleep in your car or even going home to go sleep because the whole thing is just depressing
>>
>>1647598
Definitely not free
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.