[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this pawn shop down the street has good deals all the time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1479096984490.jpg (148KB, 1264x750px) Image search: [Google]
1479096984490.jpg
148KB, 1264x750px
So this pawn shop down the street has good deals all the time on all kinds of stuff (I mostly know electronics so let's stick to that) for example, I could've bought these speakers for $120 that retail at about $300. Now say I sell them, realistically for $225 on ebay. That's an easy $100 profit. So my question is, should I maybe speak to a manager there and let them know what I intend to do (and that I hope to get their best deals in exchange for my consistent patronage) and form something of a partnership with them? Would they even take that seriously?
>>
>>1645210
>partnering up with shady pawn dealer...
What's going to stop him from cutting you out?
>>
>>1645222
>going
KEY WORD
take note youngin
>>
>>1645210
just ask for a bulk discount
telling him you are flipping the crap will just cause >>1645222
>>
>>1645230
literally what
>>
>>1645222
Actually not that shady, but I see your point.
>>1645322
That makes more sense, but I'm still trying to think of how I'm going to respond to "So, why do you need six Xbox Ones?"
>>
>>1645370
>I'm still trying to think of how I'm going to respond to "So, why do you need six Xbox Ones?"

since when does a business owner refuse business for reasons. he just wants them out the door. if he's that paranoid, then its on him to raise his prices
>>
File: 1446784678143.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446784678143.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>1645210
>Telling anyone ever your plans or goals, ever

Never tell anyone good goals because they will certainly take it from you dumbass.

Besides. This plan is retarded. You might strike out once maybe twice. But it's not a long-term financial escapade. It's a waste of time and better wrought finding something else that will make you more money in the long haul. Like a career or starting your own business. The pawnshop owner has got it right. He's got some dumbass guy buying his money, paying three times the amount in hopes to resell it with little success.

>literally kek
>>
>>1645382
to be fair, not everyone is "computer savvy"...depending on where OP lives, its possible that prices reflect demand in that area. if he consistently found deals as mentioned in the OP (re-selling 120 for 300), and these appear frequently, then he has a potential profit. however, to expect the business owner to not notice a pattern and adjust his prices accordingly (on for example, premium electronics) is foolish
>>
>>1645210
Let's say you sell them for $225. That $100 "profit" you will have to pay PayPal fee, eBay fee, shipping, pray you don't get scammed by some asshole and will loose those monies (eBay is all about buyers and sellers literally have 0 protection). Also depending how much money you make selling you might have to pay taxes. So don't get too exited there faggot.
>>
>>1645210

If this is for real then you need to start buying the shit and flipping it.

I doubt it's the case though. Most pawn shop owners are VERY good at knowing the price of an item and what they can get in store or online for it.

But if it's the case, don't share the info, just start buying the guys stuff and flipping it. If you tell him/her they will just steal the idea.
>>
Man resellers are the most common customer at pawn and thrift stores. As long as you aren't selling the shit next door to him.
>>
>>1645400
Do you not understand business? He can write off most of that in taxes. Small timers don't bother but in bulk it's worth it.
>>
File: 1462115169377.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462115169377.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
>>1645210
could you buy some shit from him for a while and then eventually one time when you're back there again ask him about his suppliers?

agreed with other posters, don't tell him you're reselling. He'll probably know but make up some other dumb story
>my dad's company puts this stuff in his offices
>>
>>1645210
fuck no dont do that unless you want him to fuck you

just go in and buy shit, the more you buy and the more of a regular you become the better deals he'll make since you're repeat business for him.

the instant you tell him you're profiting off this, your profits will start to diminish as they'll start being harder on the pricing with you.

if they ever asks what you do with allt his stuff tell them to fuck off. Srsly tho never tell them you're profiting, come up with an excuse, you like to give to charity, family gifts, raffles for church, ur a hoarder, whatever.

also not sure how real this post is, most pawn shops are well aware of the internet- and ebay in todays world. I find it odd you'd be able to find a pawn shop pricing stuff @ 50% the going online rate. Even goodwills tend to price their shit against ebay value nowdays
>>
>>1645210
Hello mr. business owner. I'm aware you can mark up your product A by 150% and still sell it to market Z. I have now told you all I know and would like a cut of your profits for using my advice, in perpetuity.

what's that? I get nothing? o..okay.
>>
You should explain to him that you are taking on the risk of it not selling at the higher price.
>>
>>1645210
Fuck yes. Do it. If they laugh or say no just swing by every day and do it anyway it's a pawn shop. The fuck does he care.

He'll if u really wanna go nuts offer to eBay shit u think will sell for 10% of the profits or something. Have him hide it in the back till it sells or the auction ends.

Consider even more shops.

This could be a living if u get good
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.